• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Dishwasher

buster999

Standard Member
I have a dishwasher in original packaging bought about 10 years ago and it has been stored in my garage. I have no use for it as I changed my mind when my kitchen was fitted. Will it still be OK or will it have deteriorated over time ? Anyone know ?

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
Should be fine if it has been dry stored. They are shipped with a little water in them, but this will probably have evaporated long ago. The motor might be a little noisy at first as the grease may have hardened, but give it a wash cycle and all will be fine.

Dishwashers are about as simple as appliances get. One motor - forward to wash, reverse to pump out, a couple of solenoids to open the powder cover and rinse aid, a heater element and a simple controller. The rubber seals are good for 10 years use and everything else is plastic or stainless.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom