• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

dishwasher top level dirt

wbabbington

Virtually anything that is on the top shelf of the dishwasher doesn't come out clean and in some cases comes out dirtier then when it went in. The dirt isn't the same as what the item started off with (eg coffee in mugs, milk in cereal bowls etc) but its like a dirt, grit type of dirt that is could be on the inside or outside of the item and bears no resemblance to anything that might have some of another item.

This issue isn't effecting the bottom tray at all. In fact ive been putting the dirty mugs specifically on the bottom to get them clean again.

Ive made sure the filter is clean and run a few different dishwasher cleaning solutions through it and they dont seem to have made a difference. We aren't in a hard water area so it can be clogging of the holes.

Any ideas that any one has would be appreciated. :thumbsup:

Cheers
Will

wiz

Distinguished Member
Yeah, I have this problem and end up sometimes doing it by hand:mad:.

What helps is to make sure the stuff in the bottom is as clean as possible .

Any debris needs to be scrapped off.

Put on a smaller load

Hope this helps

fizl

Is it dishwasher salt or your tab not dissolved or washed off?

wbabbington

Yeah, I have this problem and end up sometimes doing it by hand:mad:.

What helps is to make sure the stuff in the bottom is as clean as possible .

Any debris needs to be scrapped off.

Put on a smaller load

Hope this helps

Ive tried just having a top load in consisting of only the 'dirty' mugs and nothing else and still the same result.

Is it dishwasher salt or your tab not dissolved or washed off?

No its definitely not an undissolved tab, as have also run a wash without putting any of the capsules that we use, as I had the same thought, and same result.

wiz

Distinguished Member
Ive tried just having a top load in consisting of only the 'dirty' mugs and nothing else and still the same result.

Your gonna have to do a cycle empty to clean it then try my steps, it will work:smashin:

DPinBucks

Distinguished Member
  1. The most common cause of this is the water not being soft enough. Even if you live in a soft water area, it may not be enough for your washer. I assume you don't have a domestic softener, so keep the machine's unit topped up with salt;
  2. Check that the upper rotor is not only clear of obstructions but is revolving freely. One occasional cause is that something in the bottom tray (usually a long utensil in the cutlery basket) is too tall and catching it, but this won't apply to you, because it keeps on happening. But the rotor bearing could be worn. Check it, anyway
  3. Try changing your powder/tablets. I don't think it's a problem, but it might be.
My own feeling is that it's down to No 2: the rotor.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom