Dishwasher recommendations for a busy home!

EAJames

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
This is my first post here so I hope it’s ok?!

Our indesit DIF 04B1 (think that’s the model?!) finally gave up after a good 6 years of service so I’m desperately in need of a replacement.
We have 4 teenagers in the house and 2 year old twins so as you can imagine the dishwasher is a life saver for time.

I’m looking for a dishwasher that’s integrated, has a quick wash option and drys well too

Budget wise I’d like to spend no more than £400, preferably less!

Any help will be appreciated
Cheers, James

For cheap and cheerful I'd go with a Beko at that budget, unless you can source a Zanussi as they're really good value and decent build quality. I'm assuming you're installing it yourself at that price?

For cheap and cheerful I'd go with a Beko at that budget, unless you can source a Zanussi as they're really good value and decent build quality. I'm assuming you're installing it yourself at that price?
Cheers for the reply @Squirty

I’ve seen a Beko DIN15R20 on ao.com for £260, looks ok to me but I know nothing about them hence the post! I know you get what you pay for but do you know if that’d be any good?

Would it be worth putting some more cash into something better? Does another £100 make any sort of difference? I have no clue!

And yes I’ll fit the new one, I’m pretty handy

Hi all,
This is my first post here so I hope it’s ok?!

Our indesit DIF 04B1 (think that’s the model?!) finally gave up after a good 6 years of service so I’m desperately in need of a replacement.
We have 4 teenagers in the house and 2 year old twins so as you can imagine the dishwasher is a life saver for time.

I’m looking for a dishwasher that’s integrated, has a quick wash option and drys well too

Budget wise I’d like to spend no more than £400, preferably less!

Any help will be appreciated
Cheers, James
I was looking at dishwashers before Xmas but unfortunately can’t fit one in at the moment, so had to delay buying one.

I was going to get a Bosch unit, generally recommended, had some great Bosch units over the years and the John Lewis Rep sang their praises (he was a JL staff, not a Bosch rep). Anyway he explained the main thing he would focus on was where it was built; Series 4 and above all seem to be Germany = win.

I than asked about the value of spending more, like on a series 6, he just said the higher end units have more functions but mostly not a deal breaker/worth it in his view. Key bits of advice was to buy a German built unit, and make sure the innards are as you want (I.e 3rd top tray thing for cutlery).

So I was going to get something like this:

Given your heavy usage, I would see if you can justify going to £500 or so, and get one (or similar) to this.

Hope that helps.

Personally I'd rather have a Beko than an Indesit/Hotpoint Dw. I used to work for Indesit and Hotpoint a long time ago . Same goes for Hvr/candy and any of the lesser known brands, stay away imo!
I've repaired, installed and sold loads of dishwashers and Beko are generally easy and cheap to fix. The same can't be said of Ind/Hpt as you often need the manufacturers laptop to install any pcb's and sometimes to diagnose the machines.
The biggest problem atm is stock. There's not much about so choice is limited and prices are higher than they should be.
If you want something decent then I've just had a quick look at the main online retailers and there are some Bosch and Neff machines at the £430 mark, they also come with a two year guarantee and are generally better built than most. but sadly not as good as they used to be, but that's the same the world over nowadays :(

@pastrybloke19 and @Squirty thanks for your replies, you've both been a great help. some really helpful info there.

We've decided to go for the Beko DIN16430 as it suited our needs, had good reviews and was well in budget at £309. It's being delivered on saturday so I can get it installed then and no more washing up!!!! :clap:

I'm pretty handy with a bit of DIY (I've not long finished a complete refurb of our shower room, not bad for a car guy!) but is there anything to look out for? Any no no's or tips you can throw my way would be cool

Cheers again 😊

Just take your time on fitting the outer door, they're a bit fiddly but not too bad.

Good luck! :)

Make sure the hoses don't kinked or get trapped when you finally slide the unit into place.

But if you work on cars, you probably don't need to be told that.

Good luck! :smashin:

We’ve been searching as a pre-emptive strike for our 8 year old kenwood. We visited curry’s with a plate, mainly because we’ve found that our plates don’t fit sometimes, even those machines that have an adjustable top basket. And it was so for the Beko’s we tried. So, as mentioned above we are going for a Bosch serie 4… probably!! Just need to find one at a decent price…

Last edited:
Don't skimp on what will really help you though.
Things like a top cutlery drawer will really help when space is at a premium in the bottom drawer.

We've just got a Bosch series 4 as well and it's been excellent. Defenitely recommended.

Ours is actually the integrated version so very slightly smaller but very well laid out and designed, the cutlery drawer at the top is a big improvement (although not being able to lift out a cutlery basket and take it to the cutlery drawer is a slight downside) and the layout of the 2 baskets is very flexible with fold down plate holders and the top basket can be moved up and down to suit

It wasn't a factor in choosing the Bosch we got but ours is actually a "Smart" version so had WiFi, a control app and compatibility with Google/Alexa.
The app is actually surprisingly useful both for starting the DW and also for checking progress.

Those machines (washing, dish & dryers) with wi-fi always amuse me.

Why on earth would you want to switch on from another room when you're already standing in front of it in order to close the door! :facepalm:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom