1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dish Installations

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Desticado, Apr 1, 2002.

1. Desticado

Desticado

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I have a sneaking suspicion that at my new house the dish 'might' have to be fitted to the chimney. I remember one of the installers at my current house saying that their not allowed to fit above the roof (for the that you need an actual sky employee rather than a franchise/agent.

Anyone familure with this?

Also anyone had any success at getting them to thread the sky coax through the TV Coaxial cable mounting from the roof rather than drilling straight through the wall?

I dont mind paying a little extra for a good installation so I guess im probably better off looking around for local people???

Regards

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Any installation that requires more work or is outside the scope of a "standard" installation is going to be a problem for SKY installers.
    Highly recommend getting some quotes from any independents in your area. When the SKY installer refused to work on my minidish I cancelled the work and rang a guy up who had fitted my old 80cm analogue dish 5 years ago.
    He came out, looked at the job and said no problem and it was all sorted very quickly and at a good price.