• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Dish install..how much?

kcabhead

Hello all, I am about to go down the Freesat route and purchase the Humax Hd PVR and I was wondering how much an install would be for the dish and twin Lnb? I have yet to ring any independent installers but from asking in Argos(website) they say £107, Hughes £120 all the way to PC world who want £169!! and Bennets £159. It seems a big difference from one to the other.
I live near Bury st Edmunds in Suffolk and will be purchasing the box from John Lewis so any help or any good chaps who live in my area fancy doing it for cash in hand will defo be considered.

Cheers :lease:

Tight Git

Distinguished Member
Time is money, as they say, and a dish instal can take from less than one hour up to several.

How high is the dish going, is it on a wall or chimney, and how difficult is the cable run?

kcabhead

Thats a fair reply Tight Git! The dish and cable run would be on the same wall of the house where the TV is situated, and by looking at the houses near me i would guess the dish is about 8 foot'ish up the wall with a clean line of sight.

silverlightuk

Standard Member
Do not get it from high street stores unless you enjoy paying too much.

We charge £60 for a standard install, which is wall affixed, no higher than two storeys and a standard cable run (If we spend longer than 30 minutes running cable it's not standard). Any runs of twin cable have a surcharge of £10.

Unfortunately you're a bit too far for us, but do yourself a favour and phone an independent.

tosher15

Standard Member
had dish quad lnb and twin feed to one room fitted on monday for £65.00 from local installer , am based in west yorkshire. :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom