Dish in my loft

Machine Head

Standard Member
Hi, has anybody put a sky dish in their loft? I have sky digital in the living room and one feed goes to the conservatory. Rather than take a second feed upstairs, I thought of getting a cheap box & dish, stick it in the loft and have the FTA channels going to the bedroom. I could also do this with a freeview box but would I need another aeriel to feed it or can I split the exsisting one? Sky would be better, wouldn't it? And would either of them interfere with the other? Has anybody done this?

S

smallmanongn

You are having a laugh,right!?
Dishes are line of sight,which means it needs a clear un-obstructed view to the satellite transmitting.

S

smallmanongn

Machine Head said:
I do have a window up there :eek: :suicide: /QUOTE]

I would still be suprised if it would work though.
The Sky signal seems to have such tight tolerances that the dish needs to be only a degree of so off and you get no signal at all.

Nick_UK

Banned
The signals will go through glass, although they will be attenuated, depending on what sort of glass is fitted. You could put a sheet of clear PVC in, and the dish will work fine (if you have line-of-sight with the satellite).

B

Bluevanman

The signals will go through glass, although they will be attenuated, depending on what sort of glass is fitted. You could put a sheet of clear PVC in, and the dish will work fine (if you have line-of-sight with the satellite).
It will need to be a very low window.The typical azimuth setting for a dish is between 17 and 25 degrees.He'll have to put one in the gable end!

Trending threads

Top Bottom