1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disgusted with cd playback on dvd player - Suggest a £100 CD seperate? thanks :)

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by robo989, May 23, 2005.

1. robo989

robo989
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Hi,

Funny, I'd never have noticed just how down right disustingly awful my old dvd cd audio playback was on my last 3 dvd players if it hadn't been for buying a suitably rubbsih new dvd player (although rubbish insofar as very buggy +R and -R media handling and crashing with this media all the time) - Toshiba 145E...

The cd playback on it is amazing....relative to the old ones ;)

I'm sure its prolly a load of rubbish...

Anyway, this dvd player is going backm and I'm gonna get a pioneer 575 dvd player and a seperate for cd audio playback (might as well, my amps pretty good, yamaha rx-v540, well uhh goodish i think for the price i paid last year)...

Anyway,

Could someone recommend me a CD seperate I can get for not more than £100, so I can finally really get into some good tunes again, man, no wonder I haven't been listening to any cd's for the last 18 months, even this toshiba brings out so much detail and i'm sure im only appreciateing it because the others were so bad...

Dirry chinease dirty import skummy dvd players, yuck...

Anyway (again)

would really like to hear anyones views on a good cd seperate I can get for £100 and advice on weather to use coax or optical output on it to the amp...

Thank you for listening to....uhhh reading my ramblings.

2. gerbilly

gerbilly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    Marrantz CD5400 99 quid from Richer Sounds, great wee player and the equal of any machine selling up to 200.

3. CJROSS

CJROSS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    £100 DAC :

NOS DAC Ebay
    Meridian 203

4. robo989

robo989
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    hey thanks for the input :)

hmmm, about the DAC route, I know that would be best bang for buck but then, its abit finiky setting it up via the dvd player and, just well I'm trying to keep things sensible and logical...

I've fiddled about with me computer adding on little bits and bobs when overclocking n stuff n it just ends up a sprawling mess of fans and little clips and stuff....

sorry prolly dont make much sense, hmm I think I just like the idea of having another seperate I look abit poor at the mo, :)

cheers
    , Rob

5. robo989

robo989
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    It seems the Marantz CD5400 is listed at £119.99 on the Richersounds site :(

and its only available instore, had a quick scout about and it looks like thats the cheapest price on the net anyway, poopy...

Ummm, don't spose you could list a similarly good cd player for £100 could you, maybe a little more, would like to look at a few options if possible

(no DACs thank you, I do appreciate your help though and I don't mean to be rude its just would really like an actual cd player, I've never owned one and would like to give one a go just for that...)

thanking you all so much :)

Rob

6. Antpink

Antpink

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103