1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells....

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by PannyAdams, Dec 16, 2004.

1. PannyAdams

PannyAdams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Given recent developments in the specification of Panasonics HDMI card I have sent the following email to their customer services:

"I have read on various AV forums (most notably www.avforums.com) that the soon to be released HDMI card for the TH 37PW7 does not support the following image formats:

720/50p or 1080/50i

Can you confirm whether this is the case or not?

If it is can you tell me how you can market a screen as being HDMI compliant in Europe when it is not. Not only will it not support PAL DVDs at 50hz, it will not support SKYs proposed HDTV scheduled for 2006. I have purchase your product on the HDMI claims and purchased a Panasonic S97 HDMI DVD to drive the panel when the board is eventually release. I will not be able to use either to there full potential and I am in danger of owning a product that could be obsolete in under two years.

HDMI is a standard not just a connector - If you do not support these resolutions will you consider refunding or compensating consumers who have purchased your goods on the basis of claims of HDMI compliance?"

I recommend that anyone else who is effected by this issue do the same. Without voicing your anger Panasonic will continue to avoid the issue.

BJ

2. dempsey

dempsey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As far as I understood from another thread further down on this forum there won't even be a HDMI board for the 7 series now?