Disgruntled Fans Petition Against Wii U Sonic the Hedgehog Exclusivity

Tazbot

Prominent Member
Reaction score
To be honest Sega must be friggin' mental to go Wii U exclusive :facepalm:

I don't understand why Nintendo went for exclusivity on something so.... Mediocre.

They have a lot of money in the bank.... So get exclusivity for something that will help you sell consoles. It's bizarre.

Would be a great coup if this was the 90's!

How do you know its mediocre can you tell from one screenshot :rolleyes:

Sonic Generations was a great game if it follows in that vein it'll be well worth a purchase.

The franchise is mediocre. It's not a system seller anymore. Nor will it ever be. And that's the point of exclusives.

Sonic or any SEGA franchise is a system seller but im surprised SEGA hasnt been sold to Sony or Nintendo yet

Sonic still has value.

Nintendo systems and Sonic go well together. (as opposed to Nintendo systems and EA :p )

I'm not sure why it should come as a surprise that people who don't own a WiiU (and there are millions of them) should be petitioning about the exclusivity deal. Whilst Sonic is not a system seller any more, it does seem an odd choice to go exclusive with the console with by far the smallest install base.

Having said all that Nintendo need all the help they can get at the moment to avoid doing a Sega and becoming just another third party developer/publisher.

Sega and Nintendo have a good relationship, and given the money that must have changed hands for the development of Bayonetta 2, I guess it's still good.

As to them going the way of Sega,/Third party, I doubt that will happen any time soon, Nintendo still have bucketloads of cash, and are making money.

Sega and Nintendo have a good relationship, and given the money that must have changed hands for the development of Bayonetta 2, I guess it's still good.

As to them going the way of Sega,/Third party, I doubt that will happen any time soon, Nintendo still have bucketloads of cash, and are making money.

I know, but who thought during the relative highs of the Megadrive/Genesis, Sega would be a medium sized 3rd party developer/publisher. Lets face it, Nintendo are not pulling up trees at the moment. Operating loses to not impress shareholders.

I'm not sure why it should come as a surprise that people who don't own a WiiU (and there are millions of them) should be petitioning about the exclusivity deal. Whilst Sonic is not a system seller any more, it does seem an odd choice to go exclusive with the console with by far the smallest install base.

Last time I checked the PS4 and the next Xbox were stuck with an ZERO install base! ;)

Last time I checked the PS4 and the next Xbox were stuck with an ZERO install base! ;)

Who said anything about next gen consoles, as I'm pretty sure they have not been released yet. ;)

Last edited:
Who said anything about next gen consoles, as I'm pretty sure they have not been released yet. ;)

yeah, those next gen "powerful" systems, in which Watchdogs is the best thing announced for them so far! ;)

Also, I am looking forward to the next-gen Bayonetta sequal! :smashin:

yeah, those next gen "powerful" systems, in which Watchdogs is the best thing announced for them so far! ;)

Sorry to correct you, but Watchdogs, yet another Call of Duty game, and another game from some of the ex-Call of Duty team's, new shooter..:rotfl:
Also, I am looking forward to the next-gen Bayonetta sequal! :smashin:

I absolutely loved Bayonetta, and hope "2" is a corker too.

Sonic adventure 3 please. Or Generations 2. Ill be well happy with either.

As for the people moaning, I'm sure they'll get over it when one of their exclusive games comes out for their system.

I love Sonic games.

The re-release on Android of the original Sonic for the megadrive is worth a punt, if anyones interested.

£2.35 it is.

Widescreen, full speed, 60fps, and you can now play as Tails/Knuckles, and spindash if you want(but you can turn it all off), and the soundtrack has been re-mastered.

A decent version, for Sonic fans..Bonus stages are now a complete ****er, with it running at full whack though! :laugh:

I have the Sega mega drive collection on PS3. It's brilliant for the old sonic games and they hold up really well today.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom