1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disgaea: Hour of Darkness coming to UK!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by Tetlee, May 4, 2004.

1. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,267
    Yes!!! Finaly the PS2 is finally getting a quality turn-based RPG, Disgaea: Hour of Darkness will be released in th UK 27th May and one things for sure, my copy will be on order before then :D . For any fans of the classic games like Vanadal Hearts and Front Mission3 then check this baby out, it's already a huge hit in the US and from what I've seen and read I can understand why, superb!

2. Mr Bump

Mr Bump

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Awesome! I've had the US version for ages now and it is a superb little game, that you can get lost in for days at a time! I'm amazed it is getting a UK released, but it's great that it is!

3. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,100
    Yeah I have a copy on order with DVDBO, I think I will just cancel it and wait for May 27th.

No sign of La Pucelle having a release date over here yet :(

4. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,267
    Hi Sinzer,
    :laugh: I expected you might make an appearance in this thread seeing as you mentioned Front Mission3 the other day :smashin:

Hey, I hadn't heard about that La Pucelle game before, just did a google on it, sounds pretty damn cool, seems to have a similar persuasion idea to TactisOgre which I loved where you can persuade your enemies to join your team :thumbsup:

Who know's, hopefully if Disgaea goes down well with the UK gamers then we could see that and more released over here, about time we started getting some of these classics released on PAL!

To be honest I think we have owe alot of thanks to the GBA, seems to have brought a whole new fanbase/awareness to the turn-based tactics games, I mean we didn't even get a UK release for Final Fantasy Tactics until the GBA conversion (personaly I prefered TacticsOgre though, strangely not yet released in UK!)

OK, I'll stop now :laugh: :laugh:

Oh, BTW, Play and CDwow have Disgaea available for pre-order £29.99

5. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,100
    I was thinking about this the other day, I am surprised they think it would not go down well over here. We practically invented the genre with the Gollop brothers and their laser squad series.

We have not really seen a turn based tactics game developed over here since X-Com (not including the online laser squad, again by the Gollops).

Yeah, I was also playin the original Front Mission on SNES the other day, it was pretty good. Still cannot find a copy of Front Mission 3 anywhere, and I am loathe to use Ebay.

6. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,267
    LOL, memories of Julian Gollops "Chaos" on the speccy are flooding back to me now, oh and Reblestar2!
    Of course I have those emulated to my pc, Chaos still gets played when my mates come around;)