Discussing the impact of Brexit

Has, and is Brexit continuing to make life and many things harder, and people poorer in the UK?

• Yes.

Votes: 396 83.5%
  • No.

Votes: 78 16.5%

• Total voters
psikey nightmare :D

Why a nightmare?

If British people vote as a majority to re-join the EU in future then fine with me. I would decide how to vote nearer the time when info available. So long as democracy is followed/honoured :smashin:

PS, many Brits don't hold Mr Brown with any high regard. He sold off large chunks of our Gold at a loss and involved in deregulation of the banks leading to 2008 financial crash (with Bush).

Last edited:
Ordered and on the way :)
If you weren't so fussy and maybe a bit patriotic you could have had these even more beautiful ones for less with 40% off code :D

1623406647897.png

£17.52 and personalised with your name! :rotfl:

Last edited:
Alarm for the future but for now it's save if i have understand

If there's little problems with it now, why would it become more of a problem in the future? Unless future governments decide to make it more difficult, then that would be more governmental policy rather than Brexit consequences.

If you weren't so fussy and maybe a bit patriotic you could have had these even more beautiful ones for less with 40% off code :D

View attachment 1526176

£17.52 and personalised with your name! :rotfl:

Ok you left footed my totally there .... laughing here on my own like a fool :) ...... or rather left flopped.

The personalisation is great but they remind of way too many flights coming home on a Friday from places like Barcelona, Prague and Amsterdam ..... especially Amsterdam .... watching too many beered up stag nights and hen nights pouring off the plane being marvellous ambassadors for the island.

But that aside ... is very funny. Don't know how do a thumbs up emogy but I would if knew how.

If there's little problems with it now, why would it become more of a problem in the future? Unless future governments decide to make it more difficult, then that would be more governmental policy rather than Brexit consequences.
that's what I find hard to understand, why if it's good now it won't be good tomorrow?

You'll have to read the article as opposed to the headline for that. For instance:

But Taylor said: “95% of all fruit and produce picked and packaged in this country is done by eastern Europeans.

“From the end of June, people who haven’t got pre-settled status, at least, can’t work.

“We are not talking about a few tens of thousands, we are talking hundreds of thousands of people less to work in the UK.

“That’s a massive hole”.

You'll have to read the article as opposed to the headline for that. For instance:

But Taylor said: “95% of all fruit and produce picked and packaged in this country is done by eastern Europeans.

“From the end of June, people who haven’t got pre-settled status, at least, can’t work.

“We are not talking about a few tens of thousands, we are talking hundreds of thousands of people less to work in the UK.

“That’s a massive hole”.
but they have a solution for now
and it's now that it should be hard, why should tomorrow be harder

“That’s a massive hole”.
It's ironic that wrote that as you should take your own advice on this.

Nick Marston, chairman of British Summer Fruits - said the soft fruit industry faces decreasing numbers of seasonal workers from the EU and the “impossibility of recruiting a significant proportion of our large workforce from UK residents”.

But he added: “Despite Brexit and restrictions on the free movement of workers, the industry has generally been able to recruit a large enough workforce for the current soft fruit season.

“In short, we are confident that strawberries won’t be left in fields unpicked on any significant scale, although we can’t rule out pockets of issues on a few farms.”

British Summer Fruits, the industry body that represents 95% of our berry growers.

It's ironic that wrote that as you should take your own advice on this.

Nick Marston, chairman of British Summer Fruits - said the soft fruit industry faces decreasing numbers of seasonal workers from the EU and the “impossibility of recruiting a significant proportion of our large workforce from UK residents”.

But he added: “Despite Brexit and restrictions on the free movement of workers, the industry has generally been able to recruit a large enough workforce for the current soft fruit season.

“In short, we are confident that strawberries won’t be left in fields unpicked on any significant scale, although we can’t rule out pockets of issues on a few farms.”

British Summer Fruits, the industry body that represents 95% of our berry growers.

Yes I saw that - there are differing views in the same article, they chose to highlight the first.

Why a nightmare?

If British people vote as a majority to re-join the EU in future then fine with me. I would decide how to vote nearer the time when info available. So long as democracy is followed/honoured :smashin:

PS, many Brits don't hold Mr Brown with any high regard. He sold off large chunks of our Gold at a loss and involved in deregulation of the banks leading to 2008 financial crash (with Bush).

'

Osborne agreed with all the measures Brown took before the 2008 financial crash, so the same deep recession would have happened under a tory government had Cameron been PM 2005 to 2010.

But labours measures did not cause the global recession.

The UK wasn't exactly alone in suffering afrom a deep recession and a UK recession was completely unavoidable when the rest of the world was suffering from a recession.

Last edited:
Yes I saw that - there are differing views in the same article, they chose to highlight the first.
Great, so are you saying you only read the first part or only the part that helped your narrative? I would say that maybe before accusing someone of not reading an article you should ask first or take off the rose tinted glasses.

The difference between the two views would be one is anecdotal and one is the body representing most of that industry in the UK. Normally it's the governing bodies who are the first to cry about worst case scenarios and the fact that they're not likely means their industry will be okay.

Great, so are you saying you only read the first part or only the part that helped your narrative? I would say that maybe before accusing someone of not reading an article you should ask first or take off the rose tinted glasses.

The difference between the two views would be one is anecdotal and one is the body representing most of that industry in the UK. Normally it's the governing bodies who are the first to cry about worst case scenarios and the fact that they're not likely means their industry will be okay.
I haven’t read the full article yet, but isn’t the part you quote above specifically referring to this years’ harvest, hence ok for now;

“..the industry has generally been able to recruit a large enough workforce for the current soft fruit season.

Does it then go on to say anything about future recruitment after this year? Apologies if it does, I’m just commenting on what’s been quoted.

I haven’t read the full article yet, but isn’t the part you quote above specifically referring to this years’ harvest, hence ok for now;

“..the industry has generally been able to recruit a large enough workforce for the current soft fruit season.

Does it then go on to say anything about future recruitment after this year? Apologies if it does, I’m just commenting on what’s been quoted.
No worries, I closed the article but I don't think it said about medium - long term recruitment. I also mentioned that in this post - #16,008

Ok - ease back a bit there with your “narrative” nonsense.

You asked why there would be problems in the future and I highlighted the bit that specifically covered that. I assumed that you would have read that bit if you had. And yes it is anecdotal vs Industry but sometimes the former can be an alarm bell for the latter. I guess we’ll have to see.

No worries, I closed the article but I don't think it said about medium - long term recruitment. I also mentioned that in this post - #16,008
I saw your post about future Government actions causing problems, which is fair, it could also be an issue with future EU immigration policies (which isn’t an issue this year if the harvests are before any issues with settled status).

Why a nightmare?

But that's only Brown's personal opinion about rejoining the EU is not proof that it's official labour party policy that that is what Starmer plans to do if he gets elected as PM. It's also no proof that Starmer was lying when he ruled out rejoinng via a referendum if elected as PM.

Brown does not have major influence on labour policy today. It's not a significant statement.

Last edited:
Latest from British Forces Post Office, agreed not a game changer for the mass British public, but has an impact to a minority, also British businesses supplying entitled personnel, and of course, the UK Treasury is paying for all the extra admin.

This rather wonderful artwork rather reminds me of our relationship with the US mid and long term.

That does not mean I don't have significant regard for how Joe Biden is leading his country and trying to play with others.

I have less regard for our leadership. I guess I should give him the benefit of the doubt and see what shakes out of this weekend's event.

johnson biden.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom