Discussing the impact of Brexit

Has, and is Brexit continuing to make life and many things harder, and people poorer in the UK?

• Yes.

Votes: 397 83.6%
  • No.

Votes: 78 16.4%

• Total voters
Why did the authorities decide not to prosecute the attendees of the republican funeral?
Did the loyalists feel unfairly treated when they couldn't attend their own funerals?

I'm not sure I remember seeing much concern about loyalist trouble with regards to the Brexit deal.

#disclaimer: I have acknowledged NI does need attention with regards to Brexit.
It was widely predicted. Have a read of this thread:

Not sure what you are referring to? I made a personal observation. What part of it did you feel was nasty?

Fair enough, nasty is the wrong word. How about "condescending"?

"Life in a democracy...You just gotta suck it up I'm afraid.

I see we are back to a condescending and self righteousness tone in the thread."

If you don't see the irony of those two statements right after each other, then I can't help you.

I have repeatedly said NI needs attention, so you also need to open your eyes, I guess.
But I also understand a myriad of issues over there will now get rolled into Brexit.

Or Brexit will get rolled into a myriad of issues. Works both ways obviously enough.

So the situation in NI is related to Brexit. No matter how much you try and make out that it isn't. I've already addressed this, but naturally Brexiters choose to ignore it.

At least you acknowledge now that NI needs attention though. Bit late to the party, but then that goes for 99% of all Brexiters in this section. Who spent the run upto 2020 saying it was all Project Fear and NI would be fine.

Again, no surprise there.

Even the rioting aside, NI is far from fine.

Or Brexit will get rolled into a myriad of issues. Works both ways obviously enough.

So the situation in NI is related to Brexit. No matter how much you try and make out that it isn't. I've already addressed this, but naturally Brexiters choose to ignore it.

At least you acknowledge now that NI needs attention though. Bit late to the party, but then that goes for 99% of all Brexiters in this section. Who spent the run upto 2020 saying it was all Project Fear and NI would be fine.

Unfortunately we don't live in a perfect world where everyone will be 100% happy 100% of the time.

Fair enough, nasty is the wrong word. How about "condescending"?

"Life in a democracy...You just gotta suck it up I'm afraid.

I see we are back to a condescending and self righteousness tone in the thread."

If you don't see the irony of those two statements right after each other, then I can't help you.
It's just a fact, sorry you don't like it. You will have another opportunity to change things at the next election. Then I may have to 'suck it up'. Do you see the pattern?

I've seen some dismissive postings in my time. That one comes very close to taking the biscuit.
I'm not happy about all aspects of brexit, but I'm more positive than not. It's all about balances.
I'm not sure what is dismissive about it?

It's just a fact, sorry you don't like it. You will have another opportunity to change things at the next election. Then I may have to 'suck it up'. Do you see the pattern?

You need to look up the word "fact" - ask Ron for help.
Whether I like it or not is 100% irrelevant to this - as is the election result. You're deflecting. And you're being condescending again - so yes, I do see a pattern :)

But hey-ho, nevermind. Feel free to have the last word.

It was widely predicted. Have a read of this thread:

It would be incredible if it hadn't Ricky.

But for the man to be "deeply concerned" seems hollow at best.

I guess turned around the other way .... what else could he say without sounding like he didn't care a toss.

I'm not happy about all aspects of brexit, but I'm more positive than not. It's all about balances.
You are right of course and we've seen numerous times the long lists of benefits from Brexit. Tampons and all.

He implied it was only Brexit related.

Would the PM not right to be concerned about violence in any part of the country? If he had said nothing then he would surely have been critised also.
Agree that .... ironically just replied to a post saying say.

For clarity .... yes of course he should express some emotion at the situation.

But is primarily the catalyst for the cause.

Horrible example but is like a man who beats his wife (knows what he is doing) and then is apologetic.

You need to look up the word "fact" - ask Ron for help.
Whether I like it or not is 100% irrelevant to this - as is the election result. You're deflecting. And you're being condescending again - so yes, I do see a pattern :)

But hey-ho, nevermind. Feel free to have the last word.
Unless you're heading a revolution and overthrowing the government, I'd pretty much say, it's a fact. I'm not sure why you think I'm being condescending. There is obviously some confusion.

Even the rioting aside, NI is far from fine.

All true rich but now we are seeing the man pulling levers on the Brexit issue and the NI implications expressing his concern?

Is he concerned at decisions proposed and implements or at the conditions on the ground for the NI people?

I suspect neither and it's a purely political carefully worded statement.

Unfortunately we don't live in a perfect world where everyone will be 100% happy 100% of the time.

Is a bit bit thin API. And not to sound rude but an easy 'exit stage right' from a serious point.

But wait .... there's more .....

"But the real culprit for the current unrest is the hard-line Brexit dogmatically pursued by Boris Johnson, with Arlene Foster’s party in hot pursuit."

"But instead of being honest about it, he dissembled. No wonder local businesses are in turmoil facing mountains of red tape and paperwork. And no wonder Loyalists feel betrayed by political leaders who’ve sold them a pup."

Is a bit bit thin API. And not to sound rude but an easy 'exit stage right' from a serious point.
I don't take that a rude, fair comment. I'm not sure how better to word it really.
In every election, vote, ref, drawing of straws or whatever, some will accept it and others won't.

You made no attempt to address the posting. Simply assumed that NI should just accept the way Johnson has shafted them because "no one is ever 100% happy". You think that is, under the circumstances we are seeing unfolding across the Irish Sea, not "dismissive"? Wow. Just wow.

Even I don't even know where to begin with that.

So I won't bother and will just leave it there as written record :)

Interesting .... being discussed on Sky News right now and quite rightly someone saying....

"Mr Johnson should step in" and show some responsibility instead of being a 'passive observer'

Accused of having his 'head in the sand'

Apols quote a tad clipped, literally hearing that right now.

Hard to disagree.

Given the amount of U-Turns that this government has made in the past year due to negative public opinion, the idea that the only recourse we have is an election every five years seems a little short-sighted, IMO.

Feel free to bookmark it. It cant ever change.

I already have enough from the old threads if the need ever arises. This one is fresh so unnecessary.

Here's a disgrace of a politician old Brexiter hero who seems quite clear on what she thinks is the cause.

I wonder if Brexiters will listen to her now. Although seeing some of the reaction, it seems she suddenly doesn't know what she's talking about.

How odd.

Given the amount of U-Turns that this government has made in the past year due to negative public opinion, the idea that the only recourse we have is an election every five years seems a little short-sighted, IMO.

We'll be lucky if we get that Gav if they get their way. Christ knows what the country will look like in another 4 years. I very much doubt it will be taking steps forward.

Feel free to bookmark it. It cant ever change.
280.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom