Discussing the impact of Brexit

Has, and is Brexit continuing to make life and many things harder, and people poorer in the UK?

• Yes.

Votes: 396 83.5%
  • No.

Votes: 78 16.5%

• Total voters
Zog is asking for membership of the EU 😀

Will fit in with EU just great !

Planet-zog.jpg

Sorry myself got a bit caught up as well . Better fights to have against better arguments
Everyone is fraught at the moment, me included, take care :thumbsup:.

I'm a remainer and wish it had never happened and never was happening.

But I firmly believe there will eventually be an upside to the chaos it will cause, even if it takes a hell of a long time and I don't live to see it 😊
I suppose recouping some of the losses five decades after can be considered an upside.;)

Apparently, after a flat last quarter of 2019; the economy shrank by 2+% in the first quarter of the year -- the biggest quarterly drop since 79. It would be very interesting to know how much of it is attributable to Brexit.

Impacts, what impacts? Been following this set of tweets:

Just been reading that. Think this is the article linked to -

It's all going to start coming out now with regards to the border issues anyway. All the lies and all the nonsense exposed about easy dealings, less red tape, etc etc. Can't believe people fell for it.

It's all going to start coming out now with regards to the border issues anyway. All the lies and all the nonsense exposed about easy dealings, less red tape, etc etc. Can't believe people fell for it.
easiest deal in history we were told

easiest deal in history we were told

To be fair this isn't about the deal as much as it is about the dealings. As that proposes a situation even with a deal.

And a new IT system not yet built? My fudgeing word. It should be getting tested now (pandemic aside) to make sure it's 100% ready.

To be fair this isn't about the deal as much as it is about the dealings. As that proposes a situation even with a deal.

And a new IT system not yet built? My fudgeing word. It should be getting tested now (pandemic aside) to make sure it's 100% ready.

Fear not. The UK government has a spectacular record of delivering IT systems on budget and on time. It's why we have the world's finest track and trace app helping to keep us safe.

This Tory government is really, really brilliant. I love how they have kept us all safe during this awful pandemic. To me, Boris is the living embodiment of Churchill and Roosevelt. But better in every way. I hope he is PM for ever and ever and ever.

</sarcasm>

Last edited:
This Tory government is really, really brilliant. I love how they have kept us all safe during this awful pandemic.

The government advised/set things in motion. Ultimately, it's up to you to keep yourself safe.

The many balding old gits got their country back. Where's Harry Enfield and Paul Whitehouse? Time for a new sketch

Flaming. Inciting an argument
The many balding old gits got their country back. Where's Harry Enfield and Paul Whitehouse? Time for a new sketch
And the remainers lost. Judging by recent posts by some it must be absolute torture for them waking up every morning and realising this great prize of the wooly liberal lefties has been lost to them forever. Imagine hoping that every new day will bring about some major news item that will lead them to have that "I told you so" moment?

On the other hand, for the Little Englanders, ignorant white working classes, racists, bigoted old people who voted leave, we laugh loudly at your plight every moment of every day. A referndum you couldn't lose was thrown away by your arrogance and inability to see the opposing campaign was running rings around you. And even after June 2016, when the votes were finally counted, you still had another three and a half years to snatch victory from defeat. And you also messed this second opportunity up. But you still bitch and moan and the more you do so the louder we all laugh as you continue to behave like spoiled brats. You bring me hours of entertainment, yet you have my sympathy.

I'm a balding old git and yet you touched no nerves... well, maybe the git bit hurt a bit... :D

And the remainers lost. Judging by recent posts by some it must be absolute torture for them waking up every morning and realising this great prize of the wooly liberal lefties has been lost to them forever. Imagine hoping that every new day will bring about some major news item that will lead them to have that "I told you so" moment?

On the other hand, for the Little Englanders, ignorant white working classes, racists, bigoted old people who voted leave, we laugh loudly at your plight every moment of every day. A referndum you couldn't lose was thrown away by your arrogance and inability to see the opposing campaign was running rings around you. And even after June 2016, when the votes were finally counted, you still had another three and a half years to snatch victory from defeat. And you also messed this second opportunity up. But you still bitch and moan and the more you do so the louder we all laugh as you continue to behave like spoiled brats. You bring me hours of entertainment, yet you have my sympathy.
Did you forget to add </sarcasm> at the end of your post?

Don't worry. The way things are going, I reckon three more Tory governments, plus a few terrorist attacks, and the British people will be living in their own little Handmaid's Tale.

Or worse, our own little America.

I hope your missus looks good in red.

July 1st imminent, install Brexit civil servants....Keep the remainers occupied frothing about lorries at Dover.

Sounds like the wheels are turning nicely :thumbsup:

Don't worry. The way things are going, I reckon three more Tory governments, plus a few terrorist attacks, and the British people will be living in their own little Handmaid's Tale.

Or worse, our own little America.

I hope your missus looks good in red.

What about LX200GPS? :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom