Discussing the impact of Brexit

Has, and is Brexit continuing to make life and many things harder, and people poorer in the UK?

• Yes.

Votes: 396 83.5%
  • No.

Votes: 78 16.5%

• Total voters
Avoid the airport if you can, don't give them the business. If revenue dips, it will stop happening. Even if there are political motives behind it.

Given the amount of MPs in parliament it's bizarre there wasn't enough to vote it through...
Indeed. My point is that hardline Brexiteers repeatedly voted against an agreement to take the UK out of the EU. A cr*p agreement, of course; but then Boris' version was the same thing but (I understand) in a few areas worse for the UK.

Anyway, back on topic and here's a new impact of Brexit

Schiphol Airport in the Netherlands isn't waiting until the end of the transition period and directs all British travellers to the Non EU immigration queue on arrival.

So this is what air travel will look like in 12 months.

Brexiteer complains he has to wait in queue at EU airport

We then have this delicious bit of Schadenfreude.

Down to them not putting enough people to the appropriate category.

Avoid the airport if you can, don't give them the business. If revenue dips, it will stop happening. Even if there are political motives behind it.

You can do that for 11 months but after that every EU airport will look like that for UK travellers. That's just a sneak peak of the reality of post Brexit EU travel.

Last edited:
Down to them not putting enough people to the appropriate category.
Imagine it were Holland leaving the EU, and some Dutch guys were complaining that Heathrow didn't have enough staff in the non-EU line to handle the extra people; caused by those said same Dutch guys voting to leave the EU. Exactly how much sympathy would you currently be expressing for their plight?

Exactly.

Indeed. My point is that hardline Brexiteers repeatedly voted against an agreement to take the UK out of the EU. A cr*p agreement, of course; but then Boris' version was the same thing but (I understand) in a few areas worse for the UK.
Remainers did their best to stop any form of leaving. It lead to the electoral backlash at the GE and Boris getting a huge majority. Hardline brexiters ultimately got something better.

Imagine it were Holland leaving the EU, and some Dutch guys were complaining that Heathrow didn't have enough staff in the non-EU line to handle the extra people; caused by those said same Dutch guys voting to leave the EU. Exactly how much sympathy would you currently be expressing for their plight?

Exactly.

Empathy for our foreign rivals? Not today Satan, not today pmsl

You can do that for 11 months but after that every EU airport will look that that for UK travellers. That's just a sneak peak of the reality of post Brexit EU travel.
Fine, plenty of other countries on the planet. I always preferred Egypt for scuba diving anyway.

Exactly.
A lot. That's the difference between us. I respect democracy. If they voted to leave, I'd wish them all the best and want us to carry on as friends and neighbours.

A lot. That's the difference between us. I respect democracy. If they voted to leave, I'd wish them all the best and want us to carry on as friends and neighbors.

You treat your friends and neighbors as rivals?

How can they get away with that?

They're been dicks and it has no legal standing until 1st Jan 2021, but no doubt the EU will turn a blind eye and the remainers on here will be clapping their hands.

I will simply avoid any airports that do this.

They're been dicks and it has no legal standing until 1st Jan 2021, but no doubt the EU will turn a blind eye and the remainers on here will be clapping their hands.

I will simply avoid any airports that do this.

Don't all non-EU airports do this to UK citizens? That's my experience anyway. The US is horrific - especially Orlando / Phili / JFK.

You're confusing businesses with countries.
No, I don't see the need to give other countries money that could have been invested here. How much do you think we should give Canada? Australia?

Giving money to the EU benefitted the EU.

Don't all non-EU airports do this to UK citizens? That's my experience anyway. The US is horrific - especially Orlando / Phili / JFK.

Yep, US, Turkey, Japan, everyone outside the EU does it. They have to check the little form you fill in on the plane.

You can do that for 11 months but after that every EU airport will look that that for UK travellers. That's just a sneak peak of the reality of post Brexit EU travel.

Then I'd suggest they pull their finger out, or there will be a lot of new hot destinations for UK travelers next year.

Then I'd suggest they pull their finger out, or there will be a lot of new hot destinations for UK travelers next year.

As pointed out above, the non EU destinations are already like that.

An advantage of EU membership was faster access into member countries. Now the EU countries are just the same as non EU countries, ie, very slow.

So after the project fear of the promised outbreak of WWIII, the recession, the downfall of Western civilisation, unemployment, rise of super gonorrhea and all the other things promised, the impact of Brexit was some people don't get free entry to the Louvre and having to queue for a passport check?

Screenshot_20200214-114549_Chrome.jpg

Most airports outside the EU separate their own nationals from others anyway.

I meant I will simply avoid using any airport within the EU as a hub in future which will cost them money.

I do not holiday within Europe anyway so it will not affect me.

We really should ask our MEPs to raise the matter in Parliament. Oh wait...

Go away troll.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom