Discussing the impact of Brexit

Has, and is Brexit continuing to make life and many things harder, and people poorer in the UK?

• Yes.

Votes: 397 83.6%
  • No.

Votes: 78 16.4%

• Total voters
That's because EU are control freaks. Eighty pieces of paper for one jar 😉

British processed refrigerated sausages with a pathetic 32% meat content are disgusting. Lard (the animal fat already inside the sausages), pigs eyeballs, many unprounounceable ingredients and E numbers make up the other 68% of each sausage, before you add even more lard to shallow fry them to eat.

Eating more than 3 is akin to only eating 1 of them with full meat content, so you have more than 2 sauaage of waste that would be better being in the rubbish bin rather than inside your stomach.

British processed refrigerated sausages with a pathetic 32% meat content are disgusting. Lard (the animal fat already inside the sausages), pigs eyeballs, many unprounounceable ingredients and E numbers make up the other 68% of each sausage, before you add even more lard to shallow fry them to eat.

Eating more than 3 is akin to only eating 1 of them with full meat content, so you have more than 2 sauaage of waste that would be better being in the rubbish bin rather than inside your stomach.
You don't want to go down the avenue of the disgusting eating animal habits and cuelty of some of the members States. You really don't.

That's why I used the description Health Quality.

Some people just like junk food high in salt/fat/sugar. Doesn't mean the standards/practices to produce it arn't high.

We already had the chat confirming cheap, low meat content sausage is also produced in Ireland too.

Brexit or Covid-19 effect

BBC News - Worker shortage: Prezzo gives staff pay rise and Boxing Day off

What great news and yet another great benefit in people’s wages despite many I hear saying “wages won’t increase due to Brexit”

Staff are also being given career development plans etc

The tide is turning and the peoples vote is seeing benefits for the people.

Sounds like an impact of Brexit saving some babies

BBC News - Folic acid to be added to UK flour to help prevent birth defects

Screenshot_20210920-075833_Samsung Internet.jpg

View attachment 1573405

It’s called taking back control / freedom for our elected government to makes decisions rather than having to abide by decisions that are made by other countries.

View attachment 1573405

I would point out that nowhere does it say this could not have been done whilst being a member of the EU...

I would point out that nowhere does it say this could not have been done whilst being a member of the EU...

Good point, let’s strengthen that.

Are you saying “Whilst a member of the EU the UK could have done this anyway without any consequence.

Your comment is just missing the last bit of absoluteness

View attachment 1573405
There is no doubt in my mind (my opinion of course ;) ) that if we were still in the EU and they had decided to mandate folic acid in flour ,there would have been a public outcry about unelected bureaucrats interfering in our food/bread making.

There is no doubt in my mind (my opinion of course ;) ) that if we were still in the EU and they had decided to mandate folic acid in flour ,there would have been a public outcry about unelected bureaucrats interfering in our food/bread making.

Quite right and I agree. The public would have been outraged about it just because it represented another opportunity to demonstrate the majority view that the EU should not be in control.

Luckily, following the people’s vote it’s no longer an issue.

It’s just shows how strong the majority of peoples views were.

Good point, let’s strengthen that.

Are you saying “Whilst a member of the EU the UK could have done this anyway without any consequence.

Your comment is just missing the last bit of absoluteness
How ironic that Brexit vote stopped the private member bill progressing.

View attachment 1573405

Pros and cons:

View attachment 1573405
Could have happened at anytime, doesn't seem to be Brexit related.

More info re: Bread here.

Interesting extract.
What is the problem under consideration? Why is government intervention necessary? The Bread and Flour Regulations (BFR) 1998 require all wheat flour other than wholemeal to be fortified with four nutrients, namely calcium, iron, thiamin and niacin to replace what is lost in the milling process. Such requirements date back to early post war times and food rationing and were aimed at improving public health. As part of the Government's Red Tape Challenge (RTC) initiative to reduce the regulatory burden on industry all food rules were subject to review in 2011. Whilst most food legislation stems from the EU, rules on bread and flour are purely national. The RTC exercise concluded that Government should hold a public consultation on the continuing need for mandatory fortification of bread and flour in England and consider deregulation in this area.

I was surprised to see Ocado stopped delivering frozen food over the weekend. I'd always assumed they had freezer units as well as refrigeration units in their vans but it seems they use dry ice.

I was surprised to see Ocado stopped delivering frozen food over the weekend. I'd always assumed they had freezer units as well as refrigeration units in their vans but it seems they use dry ice.
I surveyed ASDA delivery depots and they had plug in refrigerant plant where the depot coolers re-freeze ice packs that are like massive versions you have in your picnic basket. Basically all roof and side walls are insulted ice-packs.

Personally I heard this morning that electricity was going to increase by 10% in France

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom