Discussing the impact of Brexit

Has, and is Brexit continuing to make life and many things harder, and people poorer in the UK?

• Yes.

Votes: 397 83.6%
  • No.

Votes: 78 16.4%

• Total voters
I was just thinking the same thing reading that, considering some of the stuff you write. You actually believe people that voted for Brexit didn't think the way travel in the EU would change?.... Yeah actually I think you did. :eek:

1. I'm afraid I don't know where you're going with that attempted "gotcha".
2. I'm not the one whinging about the nasty tone - in a nasty tone. That's where the irony is - and that was the only thing I was pointing out.

A green voter now backing rejoin? I will resist creating a stereotypical image in my mind. Bearing in mind that's what most remainers do to leavers!
It's interesting you use the phrase "go home Polish vermin", in your reply. I think that may say more about yourself than of others you aren't acquainted with, because that's a sweeping generalisation.

I was just thinking the same thing reading that, considering some of the stuff you write. You actually believe people that voted for Brexit didn't think the way travel in the EU would change?.... Yeah actually I think you did. :eek:
Stereotypes operate both ways and both sides of the brexit are guilty of it.

It would seem that Mr Johnson is "deeply concerned" at the reaction to his Brexit implementations.....

Was this man not warned what could happen? And even as someone not deeply familiar with the history of the NI situation (although grew up during that time with a basic recognition), I had fears about this. How could anyone not?

More cheese news. With all the flag stuff can't rem it was posted before.

Sell your cheese to Canada they said instead. Turns out the UK trade deal with Canada is worse than the EU deal for individual sales.. Who'd have guessed ...?

Why did the authorities decide not to prosecute the attendees of the republican funeral?
Did the loyalists feel unfairly treated when they couldn't attend their own funerals?

I'm not sure I remember seeing much concern about loyalist trouble with regards to the Brexit deal.

#disclaimer: I have acknowledged NI does need attention with regards to Brexit.

Johnson is getting pelters on Twitter 🤣🤣

Why did the authorities decide not to prosecute the attendees of the republican funeral?
Did the loyalists feel unfairly treated when they couldn't attend their own funerals?

I'm not sure I remember seeing much concern about loyalist trouble with regards to the Brexit deal.

Oh look a squirrel.

I suppose you know what the UK lost one million inhabitants last year.

Covid-19 + May's "hostile environnement" in action + Brexit
Yep. And it wasn't only the rats that were leaving this particuar sinking ship.

You mean no concern on Johnson's part?

Not really understanding if you post a reply or your feeling in general.

Are you saying it's not related?
The cause is the NIP, no ifs or buts. You hang on to your belief it’s about funerals if you want. Johnson was warned this would happen.

More cheese news. With all the flag stuff can't rem it was posted before.

Sell your cheese to Canada they said instead. Turns out the UK trade deal with Canada is worse than the EU deal for individual sales.. Who'd have guessed ...?

Genuine question.

What is the % of total sales that are individuals ordering 20 quids worth of cheese and biscuits from Canada?

The cause is the NIP, no ifs or buts. You hang on to your belief it’s about funerals if you want. Johnson was warned this would happen.
Agree.

From what I read there have been irritations resulting from a crack down on fringe drug issues that have provoked push back.

If I understood right (and I cannot 100% say I do) that was occurring in small format before the Brexit magnifying glass amplifies the sun on the issue.

Anyway .... agree 100% with whitesnake, he was warned, he 'rah rah, rhubarb, rhubarb' -ed it off and look where we are.

And even if there are fringe elements stoking this ..... are we really in any doubt where the catalyst came from?

So you're saying that the news reports are really lying?
I’m saying the NIP is the cause of this explosion of violence, you seem to ignore all the loyalist graffiti that condemns the NIP, claiming the GFA is dead, open your eyes.

Last edited:
Genuine question.

What is the % of total sales that are individuals ordering 20 quids worth of cheese and biscuits from Canada?
You're best message them on Twitter...

The point is the UK Gov advice was to sell to Canada and the like to replace the 20 quid orders from the EU. That's obviously not working as a viable alternative.

I’m saying the NIP is the cause of this explosion of violence, you seem to ignore all the loyalist graffiti that condemns the NIP, claiming the GFA is dead, open your eyes.
I have repeatedly said NI needs attention, so you also need to open your eyes, I guess.
But I also understand a myriad of issues over there will now get rolled into Brexit.

I have repeatedly said NI needs attention, so you also need to open your eyes, I guess.
But I also understand a myriad of issues over there will now get rolled into Brexit.
I’ve edited my post linking examples of graffiti.

You're best message them on Twitter...

The point is the UK Gov advice was to sell to Canada and the like to replace the 20 quid orders from the EU. That's obviously not working as a viable alternative.
Do you have a link to that specific advise please? I genuinely missed that.

So you're saying that the news reports are really lying?

Your doing a Cathy Newman here .... "so are you saying..." ..... the point I think was clear.....Johnson deeply concerned over something he was the architect off.

Your doing a Cathy Newman here .... "so are you saying..." ..... the point I think was clear.....Johnson deeply concerned over something he was the architect off.
He implied it was only Brexit related.

Would the PM not right to be concerned about violence in any part of the country? If he had said nothing then he would surely have been critised also.

1. I'm afraid I don't know where you're going with that attempted "gotcha".
2. I'm not the one whinging about the nasty tone - in a nasty tone. That's where the irony is - and that was the only thing I was pointing out.

Not sure what you are referring to? I made a personal observation. What part of it did you feel was nasty?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom