Discrete speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Docta teef, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Docta teef

Docta teef

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Just looking for some opinions on this.
    As the other half is having the dinning room done (new fire, carpet, table ect) and having it plastered (or rather im having it plastered) i decided time to add some AV. Now i never thought i would sat this but im going to be all grown up and not put a tv in there :eek: . No the dinning room will be for eating in :eek: .
    However i would like to be able to play some music :clap: . The plan is to use a pc based sound server that i can gradually expand to stream MP3 around the house using something like a sound bridge i may use a hidden amp or maybe something like a denon dm31 to power the speakers but to make it look sofist, sophisti, that word that means all posh and grown up i would like to use speakers that blend in with the room.

I would like to know if anyone has any thoughts. It will mainly be used as i said for mp3 so sound quality does not have to be ground breaking but i would like it to be as good as possible. I don't want to spend a fortune as it won't get used a massive amount. The obvious option would be something like some kef in ceiling speakers and although i am willing to do that there is the matter of getting past some 100 year old plaster coving to get the cable up there so in wall may be easier. I do have a pair of wharfdale loud pannels that i have never used but i was planning to put them in my games room and as i've never used them i don't know how good/bad they are but i could try to track down another pair.

2. Docta teef

Docta teef

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56