discrete remote codes for Imon

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by DNWILLIAMS, Mar 27, 2006.

1. DNWILLIAMS

DNWILLIAMS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I have my LC16m set up nicely but I'd like to program my pronto instead of the Imon remote.

Does anyone have a better .ccf file than the one on remote central? Also anyone know whether there are any discrete on/offs? :lease:

How do other users use the remotes for the LC16M case? You guys all use the Imon remote? Or have some of you manually programmed your Pronto/Marantz with the "learn" command?

Thanks for any help.

2. clockworks

clockworks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    I've not got that case, but I used to have an HTPC with an IRMan remote receiver.
    99% of the codes in my Marantz RC9200 (colour Pronto) are learnt. The only exceptions are some discrete input switching and power codes, which I got from remotecentral.
    Learning codes doesn't take long - I find it quicker than cutting bits out of other people's .ccfs.
    I keep all my codes in the Macro section (on dummy buttons), then create my own button layouts, and alias them to the dummy buttons. It makes the files a bit bigger, but I've got 8Mb to play with.
    Working this way also makes equipment upgrades very easy.

I did try using other people's buttons and layouts, but I find many of them too fussy for my tastes. I like big, colourful, buttons that are easy to see.

I use Xara webstyle to create the buttons, and CorelDraw to convert them to Pronto palette bitmaps.