Discrete power codes for Popcorn Hour A210

Matthew Attoe

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a two-part question if I may.

1) Does anyone have discrete power on/power off codes for the Popcorn Hour A210 for the Logitech Harmony One?

2) Is it somehow possible to do a "proper" power off for the Popcorn from the Harmony remote - on the original remote you have to either a) hold the Power button down for 3 seconds, or b) press Power button followed by Delete button. I've tried sending the Power and Delete buttons for when I end my Activity but this sends the codes and then a Power Toggle command is sent from the Harmony to power off the other items in the activity, but this power toggle then turns on the Popcorn again. Maybe the discrete power codes will fix this.

If anyone can help, that would be fantastic indeed.

All the best,

Matthew

Last edited:
Hi Matthew.
Have you found that the option at Adjust Power to specify more than one command for power-off doesn't work?

Hi Logiciel,

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I hadn't even realised I could do that :) I have done as you said and it is all now 99% working fine.

The other 1% would be if anyone had discrete power on and power off codes to eliminate the risk of getting out of sync.

I have spoke to Logitech Support and they have added separate Power On and Power Off buttons to my account, but they both just seem to be duplicates of the PowerToggle button albeit with different names :-(

Thanks again,

Matthew

OK Matthew - good to hear that improved things.
The separate on and off commands would make it better still so I'd report back to Logitech for them to find you ones that DO work!

Hi again, Logiciel

According to the two people I spoke to at Logitech there are no individual specific Power On and Power Off codes and how I have it is as good as it gets.

However, you never know who is reading and what they have discovered - so I am holding out hope.

All the best,

Matthew

Manufacturers of these kind of products generally do not provide discrete IR codes.
It is possible (with the right kit) to analyse the IR codeset for your device and then create all the codes within that set and then test them in order to find 'hidden' discrete codes.
Of course you can only find what has been put there in the first place.
Contacting the manufacturer is often the easiest route.
Send them an email.
Regards Mark

Logitech Support and they have added separate Power On and Power Off buttons
According to the two people I spoke to at Logitech there are no individual specific Power On and Power Off codes
They need to sort themselves out then don't they?
I don't have any problems with Harmonys and Power Toggles though, so you should be OK.
Cheers - Logi

yeah - was a bit disappointed to find out that the buttons appeared to be just "renamed" versions of the power toggle button.

Things don't normally get out of sync but when you have five-year-old fingers about the place these things happen :)

Thanks again to the both of you.

Matthew

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom