discrete or possubly wireless speakers to go with kef eggs

CJSIMPSON

Novice Member
I have recently purchased a set of kef eggs with sub and have just moved house. The problem is the surrounds are proving difficult to locate due to layout and the wife factor. I am therefore wondering if there is a solution to use smaller or wireless speakers fir the rears with minimal detrement to sound quality.

I dint use them loads but I do like the effect when I have it fired up but if I can't get a good solution then it's pointless anyway.

Any help would be appreciated in terms of options and choices.

Thanks

PSM1

Distinguished Member
The eggs are hardly big so how much smaller do they need to be?
Wireless tend to not be very wireless since most have a central receiver/amp so still need to run cables from this to the speakers and they tend to reduce sound quality as well so would not be recommended.

CJSIMPSON

Novice Member
I had some jamo a102 before this and they were reasonable in size for the other half. I could try and hide them a bit but the kef eggs seem to stick out a long way with their brackets if on the wall and also you can clearly see the terminals and 1 speaker would be just as you enter the lounge so wouldn't look great stuck there.

CJSIMPSON

Novice Member
I've not seen those yet but doubt I could get away with purchasing some more new speakers, I e only had these a couple of months. The problem with the kef eggs is more the brackets or lack of alternative brackets.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom