Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Discrete code for Sony TV

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by mjn, Jan 17, 2002.

1. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,851
    Does anybody have a discrete code to switch the Sony Tv into RGB on AV1..from any other channel??

2. Dunkwho

Dunkwho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    In every situation ive seen if your source is set to RGB output and wired by full scart to av1 then by just hitting av1 you'll get the RGB output.

Or, i dont think theres a discrete for rgb av1, only av1 (not quite as promising as my first answer :( ).

Dunkwho

3. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,851
    when the dvd player kicks in, the Tv goes to AV1, composite input...

Either i can find a suitable code, or could i snip the wires for the composite signal??

4. Dunkwho

Dunkwho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    i had to convince myself alot about this on my sony telly - with my dvd player (and now my itv digtal box) its actually jumping to the rgb av1 input rather than the composite one EVEN THO its doesnt give the av1 rgb "input channel sign" when it makes the switch - if the dvd player is set to rgb output then it'll be taking the rgb signal.

the way i proved this to myself was to use the digi box as this allows me to change between composite and rgb in a menu, as soon as that change has been made the difference is totally visible (poor colour in composite mode). the telly doesnt do any input switching - av1 rgb doesnt appear when i select rgb output nor does av1 (not the rgb sign) appear when i switch back to composite. i didnt find it easy to prove this with my dvd player as i needed to stop and play the dvd for the menu selection to be actioned, long enough for the eyes not to be able to decide if things are better or not - in the end i went with "bloody hell that dvd is sharp and has clearer colour than it used to!". a moot point now that i have my dvd hooked up via svid to av2 anyway (and the image is just as sharp as rgb - which, yes, definetely is sharper than composite! :D).

alternatively hook a composite vid phono output up to the phono input on the front of the telly at the same time as the rgb scart is connected in av1, you could switch between the 2 with the discretes for av1 and av3 and will be able to see that the av1 is using rgb.

Dunkwho

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    MJN,

As far as I'm aware there is no discrete code for this function (which is a pain I know)

When you press the AV button on your Sony TV remote is the RGB input the second input through after AV1 ???

Using the "alias" and "delay" function on prontoedit will let you do what you want with one button press.

I'm sure you already know this tho' !!!

Feel free to send me a private email if you wish.

All the best, David

:cool:

6. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,851
    yes, you're right, its a second key press on av input button, 2ns input on AV1....i'm using delays and button presses at the moment, so might have another play this weekend

7. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,851
    ok, easily solved, on my tv you can assign a number to any individual input, eg, AV1 RGB, or AV2 s-video....so thats what i did and it works a treat!!