Discreet dish installation signal HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by tim k, Mar 31, 2005.

1. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have taken order of a cubsat 50 which is a satellite dish housed in a discreet white case perfect for the apartment balcony where i live.

The problem im having is finding the satellite manually. The cubsat instructions were very vague, i have posted pics of how i have setup the lnb and the coax into it. I have checked the coax on the sky port in the apartment (only single lnb and want sky +) and the coax works fine with a good signal. but when connected to the cubsat i have no signal at all, i have pointed it at different directions but no joy. Now i have the sky installer coming on sat and i want him to drill the necessary holes, but as this is not a standard install i want to show it to him all up and running.

what i want to confirm is that the dish is 1)setup correct and 2)any suggestions for finding satellites manually (btw my balcony faces south.

many thanks!!

2. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cant get the pics off my phone at this moment in time, basically i have put the coax into the first on the left connection of the quad lnb marked h/h, the lnb is held on a stand facing the dish.

Also with sky + can i just walk around with the dish whilst it is connected and if it finds a satellite will it be viewed onto the plasma? the balcony is right next to my front room so i can check it very easily?

3. Bluevanman

Bluevanman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If the outputs on the lnb are marked h/h,h/l,v/h andv/l you have got a quattro lnb and not a quad.H/H is horizontal high band ie only a quarter of the signal so you will be missing most of the channels. You need either a single universal lnb and use that plus the communal feed, or a quad lnb and use two of the outputs from this.Aligning a dish is not easy, but there is a page on the Satcure site that should help, assuming of course that your balcony is on the appropriate side of the building.

4. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    balls!! that'll teach me for buying from germany cause it was cheaper, had to translate the whole site!! thanks very much for your help mate, i think ill chance it and wait for the engineer and use the lnb he provides. thanks v much for your help, i knew i was doing something wrong. now all i gotta do is shift the quattro lnb!! what are these used for??