Discreet codes for sky?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Smiley, Feb 4, 2002.

1. Smiley

Smiley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Where can I get discreet power codes for a panasonic sky digi box?

2. Spencem

Spencem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Try Remotecentral They have loads of codes, all the Sky Digital boxes use the same remote so look under Pace etc as well. I never turn my Sky off so I've never looked myself.

3. JT

JT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Smiley, I could not find any that worked, may be me, anyway all I done was...

1) program a button as the sky button for sat on

2) program a button as the sky button then the off button for sat off. (This is a 2 stage macro)

JT

4. alanrob

alanrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +234
    You've lost me here m8?

I too have a Panasonic box (replaced a Pace box a few months ago). I didn't have to change anything as the remote codes are standard. So my power on button for Sky on my Pronto is the Sky button (as it will only ever turn the box on - never off) and the off button is the power button.

5. JT

JT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    hi alanrob,
    You are right about the sky button only being on, but the power button is a toggle between on and off.

So what I meant was for a discreet off you would need a 2 stage macro for turning it off, from what ever state the sat was in.

This would be the sky button then power button. This would then turn it on then off.

Remember the sky button only turns it on, so if it was on already on the sky button has no effect, then the power button would turn it off. If the sat was off it would turn it on then off. So its a way round a lack of a discreet off.

Unless there is a discreet code for off.