Discovery RT Home Cinema Project Show

Kenny Glasgow

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Just caught the last 15 mins of this last night on Discovery Real Time (ch 133 & 134). It's on every Thursday evening at 9.30/10.30 pm for the next six weeks

I watched it from the start...you did not miss much in the first half really...it was all chat about the two lads and what they wanted their room to look like and do...nothing tecnhincal.

Did you see the hair dressers room though...£500k :eek: ...was that for real...where the hell did all the money go.

Looks like an interesting series though.

Cheers, Lee

I thought the hairdressers room looked a mess - the £500k was easy to see though - Crestron controller - say no more. ;)

i am glad everyone else heard £500, 000 to. fair enough the kit was awesome, but the room looked tiny and cramped. and why would he want all that kit on show, and i have to say that spectrum styled voice would annoy after a while! i wonder how the 2 lads projects off, i hope it looks better than that mess of a hairdressers room.

I picked up a copy of the June edition of Home Cinema magazine today and it has a small article and a couple of photos of the finished room.

TBH it too looks a little bland & disappointing with an odd kit list that includes a £13,000 Lutron lighting system and the best part of £6k for the damn Crestron control system.

Not quite what I’d class as the ultimate bachelor pad cinema room…they’ve obviously not seen Elliot’s, the Godfather’s or Uncle Eric’s this seems more style over substance to me.

Cheers, Lee

Not impressed with the show so far, the designer seems to think that home cinema is rocket science.

This week they showed a professional installation in a conservatory where the installer was talking about starting with architects drawings!!!! Surely, he's having a laugh. A few weeks back, an installer said that a project had taken a year!!! :eek:

Any DIYer can do it themselves to the same standard with a tape measure. The difficult bit is paying for the kit to go in it.

Hopefully next week will get more into the techy stuff.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom