Discovery Plus sub works on PC but not on laptop

Bert Coules

Firstly, apologies if this is the wrong forum for this question...

I have a subscription to Discovery Plus which I took out using my desktop PC and which works perfectly on that machine. Is the subscription device-specific? I (perhaps naively) assumed that if I connected to the internet with my laptop I'd be able to access the pay-streaming options but this doesn't seem to be the case: the laptop connection prompts me to upgrade my sub from the Free option.

Any thoughts will be very welcome; thanks.

Bert Coules

It's very curious, that announcement. I tried my MacBook Air and it connected to my subscribed Discovery Plus account immediately. My Windows 10 laptop tells me that I have only a free sub and must upgrade it to access the exclusive content.

My PC (and presumably my Mac though I haven't checked) offers (after I've signed in) an option to Add a Device, but selecting it brings up another puzzle: it asks for a "pairing code" but gives no indication of how to obtain one.

Bert Coules

I powered down my Windows laptop, switched it back on - and was able to go straight into my paid Discovery Plus account. So whatever happened it was evidently just a glitch.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom