1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

discounted ipods at hmv

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by lukey, Aug 4, 2005.

Tags:
  1. lukey

lukey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just seen a great deal at HMV, anyone looking for a discounted ipod (as i am) can get 10% off at hmv if you open a hmv store card at the same time, 120 days before you pay anything aswell and if you pay the balance then there is no interest. (applies to any type of purchase in store)

Im buying a 60gb version so that will save me £30 of the £299 price tag at the moment.

Anyone else know of any good deals before i go an get on on saturday??

2. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,211
    yes but those are the "old" monochrome screen ones. New ones only add a colour screen...but still

3. lukey

lukey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    errrh...no, these are the latest 40gb and 60gb colour that replaced the photo model but with the same functions, they arnt on hmv's website, just available in store

4. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,211
    again they are the old ones: http://www.apple.com/uk/ipod/color/

sorry, Apple only sell 20/60gb now. 40gb colour (photo) is 2nd gen in colour/photo line, 30gb was dropped entirely. You can only get these thru 3rd party sellers

5. johann1979

johann1979
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree, don't buy it from HMV - you can pick one up for cheaper in Tottenham Court Road, London or find one online - you can save more than £30 I'm sure...

6. lukey

lukey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    for clarification...after paying a visit to my local hmv in newcastle, they are currently selling and have in stock.. latest generation ipods 20 and 60gb versions with 10% discount if you buy when you open a hmv card

Might be cheaper slightly at totteham court road, but for me up here in newcastle its the best deal around and it means theres somewhere handy to return it too incase anything goes wrong.

7. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Much dispute in this thread. Perhaps it should be renamed, 'Disputed iPods at HMV'!

(Sorry, just amusing myself over lunch ...)