Disaster (tosh RP) TV has broken down

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by adieacc, Oct 29, 2002.

1. adieacc

adieacc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sat down with my tea & toast this morning to discover that my Tosh 42WH18B has broken down. Having spoken to the Tosh helpline, they informed me that the TV had set itself to 'standby mode' and an engineer was needed to resolve the problem. My question is, as i wait for an engineer to call, is, is this a serious problem and am i likely to be without my TV for days/weeks/months ?? Has anyone had a similar problem ?

Thanks for replies
    Adieacc

2. damtom1

damtom1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    IMO...it doesnt sound to bad to me,if they say that the TV has done it itself then its probably just a case of reseting it.In the past when TV's have done this to me its usually a dry joint.
    What was the Toshiba help line?I knackered mine up a few weeks ago,had a local firm fix it but the geometry and colours are still not right.I really need someone who knows what they're doing.

3. adieacc

adieacc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thats reassuring. It will be strange going back to a tiny portable for a few days. The Tosh helpline was detailed in the instrustion book (Tel. 0115 9766958) they seemed to identify the problem in seconds, give them a ring they may be able to help.