Disappointed with John Lewis

Ronaldeano

Established Member
Reaction score
Went into the MK store Sunday afternoon with my price match reference all ready to go for my TH37PX80, they didn't have any in stock - fair enough - placed an order for it.

Earliest delivery date was 28th May which was too long a wait for me, so I agreed to collect instore yesterday (20th). Was told to come between 4.30 and 6 and I work until 5.30 so I arranged to finish work an hour early, making the time up on my lunch breaks.

Also needed my Dad's help (he owns a land rover) much easier for transporting the TV so got him involved as well.

Arrive at 5pm - hand in my collection notice, 10 minutes later the lad comes back and tells me that the TV hasn't arrived.

'Where is it?' I ask.

'To be honest, I'm not sure, it should have come in with the delivery at 3.00pm today but it's not turned up' he replies.

We go up onto the shop floor to make sure there aren't any instock, which there aren't, and I was told that the best option was to ring up today (21st) after 4 to see if it has arrived, but then what, I can't get more time off work to pick it up if it does come in, I can't ask my Dad to go out of his way (again), delivery isn't an option as I can't guarantee people will be in, plus heaven knows when they would be able to deliver it.

Really, really disappointed in them - I could have easily purchased the TV from another company but I wanted to use JL as they are supposedly a 'reputable' company.

Why wasn't I phoned and informed that it didn't arrive yesterday?

Why do I have to phone them today, why can't they phone me?

Seriously annoyed - I'm going to make some ears ring when I phone them, I can tell you that!

Very unusual...I arranged a time to collect on a Thursday night. It was late so thay gave me £50 off the Tv as good will!!! Complain and you'll get something :)

Sorry to hear about this mate!

But don't phone up after 3, because they will have disgruntled me on the phone to them :eek:

Sorry to hear about this mate!

But don't phone up after 3, because they will have disgruntled me on the phone to them :eek:

lol, you'll probably be keeping me on hold then or vice-a-versa, your gripe isn't to do with a TV as well is it?

Very unusual...I arranged a time to collect on a Thursday night. It was late so thay gave me £50 off the Tv as good will!!! Complain and you'll get something :)

That is what I'm ultimately hoping for, but it's more the principal that I feel totally let down, I could understand if it was Argos or something but JL!?

I was sooooo looking forward to picking it up yesterday as well, I purchased a PS3 at the weekend as well and haven't played on it yet as I'm waiting to set it up on my TV.

lol, you'll probably be keeping me on hold then or vice-a-versa, your gripe isn't to do with a TV as well is it?

Yeah it is, I have PX60 with purple snakes and I have had it back for repair and 3 weeks later it is still the same, and I have just been messed about from the start!! :rolleyes: :)
But I am Bluewater so we can light up the telephones in different parts of the country.
But you should complain and get some money off or a freebie

Good luck:thumbsup:

My sister had a similar issue with a delivery from SnV.. Told her a particular date of delivery, then she was told they sold out and expecting them soon etc etc.. she took a day off work waiting too.. anyhoos I told her to ask them what they were going offer her because of there mess up and that took a day off.. she got a free £50 HDMi cable thrown in.. better than nowt as they say :)

good luck

This gets even better, I've just got off the phone with them, my TV has turned up..............

.................but they've sent a Samsung!!??

The lady asked if I wanted to cancel the order or continue with it whilst she gets the correct TV, so I've asked for her to continue with the order and she'll ring me later with an update.

I'm stunned by their utter incompetence!!

My sister had a similar issue with a delivery from SnV.. Told her a particular date of delivery, then she was told they sold out and expecting them soon etc etc.. she took a day off work waiting too.. anyhoos I told her to ask them what they were going offer her because of there mess up and that took a day off.. she got a free £50 HDMi cable thrown in.. better than nowt as they say :)

good luck

Like a HDMI cable is worth £50 hahhaha. I'm glad I got the cash. I get my HDMI cables off eBay :)

This gets even better, I've just got off the phone with them, my TV has turned up..............

.................but they've sent a Samsung!!??

The lady asked if I wanted to cancel the order or continue with it whilst she gets the correct TV, so I've asked for her to continue with the order and she'll ring me later with an update.

I'm stunned by their utter incompetence!!

Classic.....You'll be getting £50 at least for this I would have thought!!! Tell them you've been without a Tv etc etc etc. Every cloud...

It does sound like the usual retail incompetence to me. But I think you will find this is the story with most retail outlets (well in my experience anyway):rolleyes:.
If you are making a specific effort to collect something, always phone to check it is there first... it's common sence really.

It does sound like the usual retail incompetence to me. But I think you will find this is the story with most retail outlets (well in my experience anyway):rolleyes:.
If you are making a specific effort to collect something, always phone to check it is there first... it's common sence really.

Granted i should have rung up, but even if I had they've sent out the wrong TV at the end of the day so either way it doesn't make much difference now :)

They've just rung me back again, the TV should be in the Friday for me to collect - I then brought up the subject of compensation and she offered me a £10 gift voucher to which I aired my disgust (in as nicer way as possible) and she said the most she can give me is £15. I said that still wasn't good enough so she's going to speak to a manager tomorrow and get back to me.

The cheek of it!

As said before, dont forget to call them 1st this time! :D

Like a HDMI cable is worth £50 hahhaha

I know.. but AFAIK they dont do ebay vouchers at SnV and those not in the know that believe theres a difference buy em (some even pay over £100 for em) and as I said, better than nowt :)

tell the manager you will be contacting watchdog about the service, might get you more money than £15.

When I worked for a retail company anyone who mentioned watchdog got put to the bottom of the pile as it used to pee the customer service team off!

Well I'm to pick mine up on Friday ready for the weekend so hope mine's in!! I shall ring first :thumbsup:

You should throw in that you had to go somewhere else to watch the big game tonight as you didn't have your tv...;) and spent at least 20 quid on beer you would have saved if you'd been at home LOL

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom