Quantcast

Disappointed in Richer sounds price match response time

magmax

Over the black Friday weekend I found an Great deal on a panasonic 55gz950 for £1095 on tps website. So I contacted RS to see if they could price match it. Three days later a get a reply to say what size screen are you referring to.

As you can of guessed it after that amount of time had passed the TV was no longer available at that price and I missed out on a deal and richer sound has lost out on my custom. I know this is a busy period for them but to me it seemed to be a bit of a ploy to get out of a price matching.
It has taught me one thing the next time I see a deal just buy it and don't mess around and wasting time with asking anyone else if they can match the price.

I didn't buy the TV and I'll wait now to see if the prices drop again in the January sales.

raduv1

Distinguished Member
I phoned up my local store and RS price matched a LGE9 £200 cashback over the phone with a further £20 off there and then , which I then purchased.

supermackem

Over the black Friday weekend I found an Great deal on a panasonic 55gz950 for £1095 on tps website. So I contacted RS to see if they could price match it. Three days later a get a reply to say what size screen are you referring to.

As you can of guessed it after that amount of time had passed the TV was no longer available at that price and I missed out on a deal and richer sound has lost out on my custom. I know this is a busy period for them but to me it seemed to be a bit of a ploy to get out of a price matching.
It has taught me one thing the next time I see a deal just buy it and don't mess around and wasting time with asking anyone else if they can match the price.

I didn't buy the TV and I'll wait now to see if the prices drop again in the January sales.
Rs Newcastle were super fast for me, I also followed up on the phone too.

AnilS

Got the same tv for & 1079, from RS after they price matched and beat the PRC direct price of £1099. All done over the phone in 30 minutes.
They called me back after checking prc stock.
Just waiting to go up tomorrow

raduv1

Distinguished Member
You have to either phone or go into your local RS , especially when going for a price matching , you also need to speak to the branch manager for an instant response to said price match . TBH I've never been fobbed off doing it this way and they will either price match or tell you over the phone or instore why they cannot . Believe it's also better to be a VIP member so the guys in-store can actually see that you are a repeat customer .

When I went for my LGE9 and gave them my name they said , oh you have purchased quite a bit from us in the past .

Last edited:

Richer Sounds

AVForums Sponsor

Hi there,

I saw your thread and was obviously most concerned to read that you missed out due to a slow response from one of our branches.

So that I may investigate further, and resolve the matter to your satisfaction, please could you drop me a PM with your contact details?

Once again, I offer my apologies, I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Many thanks

John Clayton
Operations Director
Richer Sounds

gmangt4

I emailed Glasgow store asking for a price match/beat and got a reply to my email within minutes asking for my number, after emailing it back I was all done in 10 mins and I'm expecting delivery of a C9, can't wait. Kenneth was who sorted me out, top service.

johnny-17

Did the OP mean contacted by email ?

I deal with so many companies that hate phone calls, as they are too time consuming and ‘so last seasons‘ :)

Funny thing, is that their preferred, less distracting form of communication-email, is simply often just ignored.

A bit of effort tracking down the phone number and talking to someone tends to get better results, rather than waiting for long list of emails to be sifted through.