Disabling TV volume on V+ remote

pjgraham86

Standard Member
We have a home cinema speaker set up so we want to disable the volume control for the TV speaker on the V+ remote.

Can anyone advise how we do that ?

Thanks

PG

Badger0-0

Distinguished Member
Just turn the volume full down with the TV remote and the telly should remember it.
Or set the default setting on the telly full down in the telly's menu.

If that doesn't work, you need to post more info re what the HC setup and telly is.

nmdale

I think he wants to stop the v+ remote controlling the volume on his tv altogether. In which case you could just enter a random control code for a different tv model. See here for details of how to reprograme your remote Virgin Media Remote Control Codes .

DavidT

Surely you want to disable the tv speakers rather than the remotes volume control so that all sound is control by the HC system.

David

nmdale

Just guessing here, but I think he wants to 'mute' the TV and prevent anyone (i.e. his wife etc...) using the v+ remote to turn it back up either by mistake or by way of circumventing his surround system.

fixerman

We have a home cinema speaker set up so we want to disable the volume control for the TV speaker on the V+ remote.

Can anyone advise how we do that ?

Thanks

PG

Why not set the V+ remote to control the volume of the home cinema instead of the TV?:facepalm:

Stefan_Tapp

Most TV's have a setting to choose external speakers so the remote would have no effect.

Luckily my Toshiba and my Onkyo get along just fine and the TV will happily divert the volume control to the Onkyo so when I use the Virgin remote to adjust the volume the TV then adjusts the amp volume.

I guess the other alternative is to use a Harmony remote or similar where you can tell it the volume is done by the amp and not the TV?

Stef

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom