• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

disabling the net SE K800i

M4NN

Established Member
:hiya:

is there a way to disable access to the internet on a SE K800i as it's becoming so annoying lately with my phone connecting to the internet accidentally even though the keypad is usually locked and in a carry case:confused:.

i even had to pay for a song i didn't even request :(!.

do i need to disable the navigation key which gets me onto it (did try & find a way), or would i need to contact the provider to stop this?.
im on virgin mobile.

thank you.
;)

prking

Established Member
The most straightforward way is simply to delete the internet settings, then your phone won't be able to go on-line. I think a more serious problem is why "the phone" is going on-line. I can imagine how a phone might go on-line by itself (for example, you may have accidentally set it to retrieve email). However, there is no way a phone can automatically or accidentally download a song by itself.

I think the most likely explanation is that someone is using your phone without your permission or there is a problem with Virgin's billing system. So before you disable the internet on your phone I would have a word with Virgin and try to work out how this is happening.

M4NN

Established Member
The most straightforward way is simply to delete the internet settings, then your phone won't be able to go on-line. I think a more serious problem is why "the phone" is going on-line. I can imagine how a phone might go on-line by itself (for example, you may have accidentally set it to retrieve email). However, there is no way a phone can automatically or accidentally download a song by itself.

I think the most likely explanation is that someone is using your phone without your permission or there is a problem with Virgin's billing system. So before you disable the internet on your phone I would have a word with Virgin and try to work out how this is happening.

thanks where do i begin to delete those settings :confused:

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom