Disabling SH3 Wifi Issue

celtic1967

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I would like to switch my SH3 wifi so that I can use Eero system. I dont want to put the SH3 into modem mode as I with to use its ethernet ports.
Everytime I go into the rouer webpage and disable both wifi bands it tells me its done, but it keeps reverting back to enabled.
Has anyone else experienced this and is there a way to overcome it ?

Thanks for any replies

Thanks for the reply.
When my SH3 re-enables itself the virgin wifi is visible on my devices and can be connected to.

It's not possible to disable it any more. just change the SSID and all my stuff connects to my Unifi AC Lite with the original SH3 SSID

It's not possible to disable it any more. just change the SSID and all my stuff connects to my Unifi AC Lite with the original SH3 SSID
Are there instructions available on how you do this ?

Log into the SH3 and on the page showing the SSIDs I just added my initials on the end WA

Log into the SH3 and on the page showing the SSIDs I just added my initials on the end WA
So, my eero should be changed to the original SH3 SSID rather rhan what I have as its current name ?

So, my eero should be changed to the original SH3 SSID rather rhan what I have as its current name ?
That will be easy for all currently connected devices if you change the password on the eero too :)

not disabling routing on the SH3 is ok as long as you do not do or have something that doesn’t like double NAT. Can the eero be put into Access Point mode and still do it’s thing? If so that would be better most likely.

That will be easy for all currently connected devices if you change the password on the eero too :)

not disabling routing on the SH3 is ok as long as you do not do or have something that doesn’t like double NAT. Can the eero be put into Access Point mode and still do it’s thing? If so that would be better most likely.
Eero has bridge mode if needed.

Eero has bridge mode if needed.
Sure but as it says you lose advanced functionality. It turns them into APs I think. I think the OP can try double NAT and see how it goes. That will allow the existing router to do the ethernet ports on it, and the eero to do the wifi.

turn off the wifi altogether on the SH3 and to make it easy change the wifi SSIDs and passwords on the eero to the ones on the SH3. All wifi devices will connect as normal.

Double NAT is ok for most people. If you don’t notice any issues there is nothing to worry about :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom