1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disabling Macrovision on a Clasica 20

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by johnpreston, May 4, 2002.

1. johnpreston

johnpreston

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In the HCCO News bulletin, "Multi-region hack for Mico Clasica 20", it mentions that you can disable Macrovision on the second page of the menu.

My second page is Error correction Off/Slice/Frame - is that the same thing? (apologies if this is a stupid question). I've tried all the options, but can't tape to VHS with any.

Any suggestions welcome, thanks.

2. Geoffc10

Geoffc10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I never understood why people want to record DVD to VHS??????

OK, kids disney films i suppose.

Can anyone explain this reason?

I know macrovision needs to be disabled for some picture quality problems, but thats it.

3. johnpreston

johnpreston

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, even though I find it a bit odd to have to justify what I'm trying to do.......

I hired a DVD from a rental shop. I watched the film and a few bits and pieces, but one of the special features was a lengthy documentary that I didn't have time to watch it before it was due back. So I wanted to record it. Not having access to a DVD recorder (and, indeed, only wanting to keep the thing for a day or so) I wanted to record it to VHS.