disabled svm on Tosh 50wh18b

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by matt janes, Mar 26, 2002.

1. matt janes

matt janes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Interested to know people's views on whether they have seen a visible improvement with svm disabled.

I did mine last night and can't see much difference, although it is difficult to compare without seeing side by side.

2. johnson

johnson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I'm not sure if this helps but, I have a sony and that has four levels of svm.
    I paused a dvd with lots of detail and then scrolled through the different levels.0-3.
    I found it was definately better with some,but not much.
    I settled on 1.Edges undefined with 0.
    Regards

3. Tomas L

Tomas L

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Could anyone tell me how to disable SVM on the 50WH18B...? I'd liek tp try...

4. matt janes

matt janes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All you have to do is unscrew the front panel (or rear panel and read "left" for "right" below)....

Locate the SVM boards (3 of them, each about 6inch wide). They are on just above the guns. Now, you only need to stop the power going to the centre green gun, as the other 2 boards get there power from the green one.

Follow the power cable from the green SVM board (silk-screened as P706B) on the right side of the board to the bottom of the TV into the cable trough. On the lower right hand side of the cabinet, it will connect to the power board. Unplug this connector (silk-screened as P811, it's a real bastard to pull out on the 56incher) and secure it so that it can't come in contact with any other components (twist tie or electrical tape).

Yours may be coded with different numbers.

5. Tomas L

Tomas L

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Thanks Matt!

I still have the front covers off after doing a optical and electronic focus adjustment, so the P706B connector was easy to find. But It's harder to see where the power cable goes from the front. It would be much easier to unplug P706B then P811. To unplug P811 I would have to stick my hand into the TV and blindly try to follow the power cable to the connecor...I don't like that idea.

BTW: The Toshiba RPTVs that are sold in Sweden are "Made in the UK", so I guess that we have the same models as you have.