Disable or Block Internet Access?

RobbieD

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

How would I disable or block internet access on a PSP?

We only let our children use the internet supervised, but one of them has worked out how get access on their PSP (via a neighbours' unsecured Wi-Fi) and has been visiting adult sites.:eek:

As yet, we have been unable to work out who has the unsecured Wi-Fi, but what we really want to be able to do is disable the internet access or Wi-Fi on the PSP. Parental controls on the PSP don't seem to cover this.

We only let our children use the internet supervised, but one of them has worked out how get access on their PSP (via a neighbours' unsecured Wi-Fi) and has been visiting adult sites.

Kids eh ? I have a nephew who has been circumventing net restrictions with proxy servers , and hes only 9.
Once they get that clever its a real arms race and anything you can do will most likely be worked around in no time flat , unfortunately.

You will most likely have to take away the PSP and anything with net access to be totally sure.

Edit , I just found this ....

http://faq.en.playstation.com/cgi-b...jQ5MiZwX2N2PSZwX3BhZ2U9OA**&p_li=&p_topview=1

The latest update apparently lets you block internet access with a password .... its all internet access, theres no way to block single sites.

However ,its only a four digit password , all numbers , so dont be surprised if he cracks it before long !!

Last edited:
Thanks Andy,

Just the info I needed.

We are going to change the password to a new random number every week. Whilst it may be possible to find it after a few hundread attempts, I'm sure he will get board of having to go through that every week.

I have this all to come with 2 young kids.

Maybe its worth telling the neighbour that their network is totally unsecure and "even your 9 year old lad" can connect. May be a risky move, but it would help them and stop your problem. If its not a PSP connecting then a mobile with wireless or pc could also find the connection.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom