Dirty Screen Effect and screen uniformity after repair

LarryDv

Novice Member
My TV is having problems & Samsung Egypt wouldn't help they're useless and my TV is out of warranty anyway. The panel is old (2015 Model JS9000 55 inch Curved TV)

The light bleeding at the edges is very obvious and annoying.

Then There's big brown or darker patch on the top left side that appeared days ago.

Both honestly not as severe as in the photos (phone overexposed it or something) but they're very noticeable.

Only unofficial repair service centers offering to replace what they call in Arabic the whole "sink" I guess they mean the housing of the backlight and reflectors not just the backlight.

So please I have a couple of questions:

1- Will the repair affect or change my screen uniformity? As the TV was really uniform before having this recent problem without any Dirty Screen Effects. I mean does replacing the backlight and reflectors and any pressure during this process will affect the uniformity and end up having DSE?

2- Did massaging a part of the screen next to the darker patch cause it? I tried days ago to gently massage this part as advised to relieve the bleeding then day or two after that i don't know this dark patch appeared!

Many many thanks for your help!

20211215_034216.jpg

Darker patch top left + backlight bleeding on edges

20211217_060807.jpg

Darker patch next to the head

20211217_060923.jpg

Darker patch near the referee

Last edited:

Bassel

Novice Member
My TV is having problems & Samsung Egypt wouldn't help they're useless and my TV is out of warranty anyway. The panel is old (2015 Model JS9000 55 inch Curved TV)

The light bleeding at the edges is very obvious and annoying.

Then There's big brown or darker patch on the top left side that appeared days ago.

Both honestly not as severe as in the photos (phone overexposed it or something) but they're very noticeable.

Only unofficial repair service centers offering to replace what they call in Arabic the whole "sink" I guess they mean the housing of the backlight and reflectors not just the backlight.

So please I have a couple of questions:

1- Will the repair affect or change my screen uniformity? As the TV was really uniform before having this recent problem without any Dirty Screen Effects. I mean does replacing the backlight and reflectors and any pressure during this process will affect the uniformity and end up having DSE?

2- Did massaging a part of the screen next to the darker patch cause it? I tried days ago to gently massage this part as advised to relieve the bleeding then day or two after that i don't know this dark patch appeared!

Many many thanks for your help!

View attachment 1620852
Darker patch top left + backlight bleeding on edges

View attachment 1620853
Darker patch next to the head

View attachment 1620854
Darker patch near the referee
Hi from Lebanon

My 65js9000 is also made in Egypt, & my tv two years ago began suffering from the same problem as yours. Sure the camera shows more light bleed than in reality. This issue is common in all js9000 & js8500 models - 2015. I believe the cause of these severe bloomings & light bleed from the edges are due to overheat in these models that causes the backlight to be burnt. Therefore the owners of this tv must avoid watching it in Dynamic mode.
As to your question I contacted Samsung repair center in Beirut & they assured me that even if they replaced the backlight sheet, the problem will not be fully solved because the lights are on the edges. So my advice to you never repair the screen & accept it like as it is. In Arabic:
تصليح الشاشة لهذا التلفزيون لن تكون له النتيجة المرجوة وستدفع اموالا بلا نتيجة تذكر. الاضواء من الجانبين في هذا التلفزيون تظهر غالبا عند مشاهد الملاعب الخضراء او الالوان الواحدة. اما عندما اشاهد فيلما بجودة عالية فلا مشكلة عندي

LarryDv

Novice Member
Hi Mr. Bassel and greetings to your beautiful country, I exactly did what you said and accepted it as it is so i moved it to another room and got a new LG TV as I will NEVER deal with Samsung again

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom