Dirty harry boxset thurs 19th only £15.99

Wow, very nice thanks. I only have the first couple of films (never liked the newer ones) on Blu-ray so this'll give me a chance to reassess those in HD! :)

I was thinking about this set just last week as I picked up -never seen it before- the Ultimate set of this on DVD. It was only £6 and it came with an errr... replica Inspector Harry Callahan police badge (in real faux leather too :D).

dirtyharryultimatecolle.png

Nice.

Now also on Amazon.. To order this or saving the monies for BF.. thats the question :(

So tempted by this but have them already on DVD, haven't watched those yet.

Must resist.

So tempted by this but have them already on DVD, haven't watched those yet.

Must resist.

I had the DVD's not watched completely and still bought the BD's when it was new so it cost me £30. At £16, it is a no brainer. The jump in PQ is worth it alone over the DVD's.

I had the DVD's not watched completely and still bought the BD's when it was new so it cost me £30. At £16, it is a no brainer. The jump in PQ is worth it alone over the DVD's.

Are they all good quality HD transfers then, or just a step up from poor DVD transfers??? That is the only thing stopping me from buying. The Rocky Set is supposed to be a real let down.

Sick Boy said:
Are they all good quality HD transfers then

The quality jump is enormous. Saying that if you never watch the discs you have then this isn't a bargain.

I watch the 1st two yearly (easily) and this set is cool as it's got the others included for pennies. I'll split, gift or swap what I don't want.

The transfers (Dirty Harry especially) have their usual negative comments from people who expect everything to look like Shrek or have become unrealistic in what one aught to expect from these elements. I nearly fell off me chair when I put Dirty Harry in my machine. It's that good and I know the film very well.

Couple of reviews:

http://www.avforums.com/movies/index.php?showmediareview=9368

and

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1394/dirtyharry.html

I've deliberately hunted out that 2nd one to give some positive bias to the video quality content. People need to appreciate what they're watching (video not film).

Can't comment on the later films' transfers as I ain't seen 'em.

I've ordered them along with the Hannibal Lecter trilogy which was also the same price

Got my set, very nice it is too. Thanks again to the OP.

Even though I only like the first 2 films looks like the other films have extras which are new to me so hopefully worthy of a watch for a Clint fan.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom