Dirty DVDs

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by MartinImber, Jul 5, 2001.

1. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Finger prints

I watched my new copy of Starship Troopers last night, after replacing the disc as children had had a film on.

It started blocking and jumping, it was finger prints.

They have more effect than scratches!

Ps watch out if you're buying Starship Troopers Flipper at £20 in WH Smiths, new RSDL elsewhere for less!

Glad I didn't get the flipper!

(I find 3:2 pulldown very flickery)

2. Nike

Nike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    The last 3 of 4 discs rented from Blockbuster have all been in need of cleaning.
    Last one was 'The Cell' (glad I'd only rented that :rolleyes: ) Actually ground to a halt after some well-severe blocking in the last scene. What I scraped off the disc looked like the dried dregs of some tea that had been victim of over-enthusiastic biscuit dunking.

3. mart.stokes

mart.stokes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, to be fair to the "industry", a lot of peopl involved in the original specifications did warn us. Some wanted to see a sort of caddy system like a minidisk.

I will not buy DVDs from shops where just the box is on display and you know some untrained person is going to scratch the hell out of the disk when inserting it.

Yes, I get DVDs locking up that I have rented because of how dirty they are. It's a complete bummer because it is otherwise a fantastic medium.

4. Fartpants

Fartpants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got some really dirty DVDs with lots of 'jumping' going on.

But thats another story