Dirt rally ps4 April 2016

Ford focus is a great car to drive. Tried the Cosworth, that will take a while to get use to. Finished second in the championship aaaaaaaah, now promoted to clubman double aaaaah. Can you get demoted at all.

Yes you can, so don't quit out of a championship! I found out the hard way!

The Mitsubishi lancer evo x is a brilliant car to drive...especially on the finland tracks.

Can you race it against a bob sled?.....

Just finished the weekly event in Finland using RWD Group B, and I chose the Lancia 037 to get it upgraded a little, and wow, what a tough drive!
Once I had softened it and calmed the twitchy front end turn in, it was almost drivable! Very rewarding when you get it right, but I can imagine it's a proper handful when fully upgraded!

Is this game good and worth buying, currently £26 on the PSN store with 10% extra discount?

Is this game good and worth buying, currently £26 on the PSN store with 10% extra discount?

Takes alot of getting use to but when you do it is rewarding. I enjoyed playing Driveclub, but Dirt Rally has raised the bar. Best driving game ive played and i keep going back to it.
If you enjoy driving games and want a challenge.....get it.

IMO Dirt Rally is the best driving game I have ever played, by a country mile! Admitedly, it's difficult to master and I have only ever played it with a proper wheel setup, but once you get to grips with it the replay factor is astonishing.
The handling is sublime, tracks are varied and tough, and they have concentrated on certain aspects of the graphics such as the lighting effects at night and sacrificing stuff like shadows to give a fast flowing experience. Driving through a night time forest stage in Sweden whilst it snows is visually stunning!
The engine sounds are incredible, co-driver is what you would expect with complex pace notes, and I can't see me putting this down for months to come!
I've personally driven 3,884 miles in online events alone, not counting offline single player miles! Say no more! :thumbsup:

It's a brilliant game. I wasn't sure if I would like it because I'm not really a rally fan (prefer the likes of Project Cars, Forza, etc) but I enjoyed it. It is difficult, as has been mentioned, but despite this I was on the edge of my seat every time I played it. It does require a lot of concentration if you want to master it and at times when you're on a straight you get tempted to put your foot down and just floor it, but that's not always the best thing to do, as I found out many of times.

The cars sound amazing too!

Thanks for all of the replies, you've all helped convince me to purchase this. It should be a great game to play using my recently purchased wheel. Sounds like it's maybe more sim than arcade which is what I prefer.

Thanks for all of the replies, you've all helped convince me to purchase this. It should be a great game to play using my recently purchased wheel. Sounds like it's maybe more sim than arcade which is what I prefer.

Good choice! Add me if you like!

It's only been live for a while, and only 40-50 people have finished it already, but I'm currently sitting in P1 for the monthly event! Drove some fast stages around Monaco, so I currently have a 57 second lead!
I know I'll plummet down the score board as more people finish, but it's the first time I've topped the scoreboard! Still love this game so much! :clap:

Still cant win a championship on open. It seems since ive been relegated back to open the A.I are still putting in times 20 seconds or so faster than me. Or maybe......im just crap[emoji23]. I play with no Hud, all i see is my car and the track and i have to listen to my co driver for the turns.

Still cant win a championship on open. It seems since ive been relegated back to open the A.I are still putting in times 20 seconds or so faster than me. Or maybe......im just crap[emoji23]. I play with no Hud, all i see is my car and the track and i have to listen to my co driver for the turns.

Are you crashing or resetting to track much?

I finally got around to buying this today, I'll have to clear some storage space and get it installed. F1 2016 had distracted me over the weekend.

I finally got around to buying this today, I'll have to clear some storage space and get it installed. F1 2016 had distracted me over the weekend.

Get yourself a 2TB drive, no clearing needed [emoji4]

Wish I had time to play at the moment. Only getting an hour or so of Witcher 3 in per week so wheel hasn't seen light for ages.
Miss this game and really want F1 2016 and AC but won't find time to play.

Need to start phoning in sick to work! [emoji6]

Get yourself a 2TB drive, no clearing needed [emoji4]

Wish I had time to play at the moment. Only getting an hour or so of Witcher 3 in per week so wheel hasn't seen light for ages.
Miss this game and really want F1 2016 and AC but won't find time to play.

Need to start phoning in sick to work! [emoji6]

Need a few more people then we can have a mini league. Witcher 3 you have got to finish, superb game. Assetto Corsa looks boring to me, i cant wait for GT Sport, livery editor and dirt track, get in.

As for phoning in sick......DO IT[emoji23][emoji106]

Need a few more people then we can have a mini league. Witcher 3 you have got to finish, superb game. Assetto Corsa looks boring to me, i cant wait for GT Sport, livery editor and dirt track, get in.

As for phoning in sick......DO IT[emoji23][emoji106]

Hehe [emoji4]

Yeh Witcher 3 is fantastic. AC I'll definitely pickup but most likely when the price drops, possibly same with F1. GT Sport is an interesting one. I loved GT5, played it to death but missed GT6 do if it's as good as 5 then could very well be a purchase.

I do have a 5 week sabbatical but not sure the missus would like me taking it off to play games [emoji3]

Hehe [emoji4]

Yeh Witcher 3 is fantastic. AC I'll definitely pickup but most likely when the price drops, possibly same with F1. GT Sport is an interesting one. I loved GT5, played it to death but missed GT6 do if it's as good as 5 then could very well be a purchase.

I do have a 5 week sabbatical but not sure the missus would like me taking it off to play games [emoji3]

What is ya psn id mate, I'll add ya to friends list if ya dont mind.

How ya finding it mate.

I've only had time to play the 4 intro stages in the Mini and so far I'm playing like a pro. A very poor pro who likes to crash and plummet from the road. It does feel good when I piece together several corners at speed, hopefully this will happen more often the more I progress in the game.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom