Dirt 5

This game is giving me serious rages issues

as any been able to do the “sprint races” as soon as I put my finger on the accelerator the cars goes straight into the wall
There are some sprint races were you use a normal car. The little hawk is a nightmare.

Have to admit this has been my least favourite Dirt game for a while. I wasn't impressed by the way it ran or looked on the Series X and I was going to pick it up on the PS5 instead but at the end of the day that wouldn't make the gameplay any better. Think I'll leave it a while and see if they address the performance issues on the Series X and give it another go then not that I imagine the game would have changed much but can hope.

Some mixed reviews and opinions but I'm downloading it now so I can play some local split screen racing with the family. Looking forward to it and good to see local multiplayer as an option.

Got this for 14 quid off eneba. It’s ok, I’m glad I didn’t pay more for it.
I paid a bit more for the amplified version and I like it. As someone mentioned earlier, it's good for a race or two and I'm happy with what I paid. I'd have been gutted if I'd paid £75 for it though. Seventy...Five..quid... That price is taking the piss.

I’m really surprised at the negative comments for this. I’m quite a serious “sim racer” on PC in a regular league usually, and don’t normally bother with arcade racers.

Bought this really for a change, from Div 2 and COD with mates, and to test the buying from foreign stores too.

I actually really enjoyed it, and a quick test for 10 mins turned into 1 1/2 hours of simple pure fun!

For ~£18 I think it’s a bargain 😀

I’m really surprised at the negative comments for this. I’m quite a serious “sim racer” on PC in a regular league usually, and don’t normally bother with arcade racers.

Bought this really for a change, from Div 2 and COD with mates, and to test the buying from foreign stores too.

I actually really enjoyed it, and a quick test for 10 mins turned into 1 1/2 hours of simple pure fun!

For ~£18 I think it’s a bargain 😀

I agree, it’s not a bad game by any means but I’m glad there was an option to buy from a foreign store at a decent price. I said the exact same thing to some mates as has been said above - I’m glad I didn’t pay £40-50 (or more) for it.

I agree, it’s not a bad game by any means but I’m glad there was an option to buy from a foreign store at a decent price. I said the exact same thing to some mates as has been said above - I’m glad I didn’t pay £40-50 (or more) for it.
Against my better judgment lol I’ve taken the plunge, well £15 is nothing. Will it auto download a update for Series X version?

Graphics look on the series x. Digital foundry brought up texture issues that your not going to actually see in the game as your busy racing down the tracks. I’m finding it good for a blast, getting to know the tracks, where you have to break and change down gears to go round corners I’m using manual it’s far more fun than automatic
Me too surprised on the negative reviews but people look at the game to give them something different

Against my better judgment lol I’ve taken the plunge, well £15 is nothing. Will it auto download a update for Series X version?

I think mine just downloaded the Series X version straight away. It’s about 77gb iirc

The game is full of bugs which takes the shine off a little. In the space of three multiplayer races, we've had it freeze when restarting a race and then it didn't recognize one player finishing so they kept going - we were unable to quit either.

Well for £15 it’s a bargain, graphically no issues for me. The handling is probably just a tad too arcade like for my liking but no problem. The AI seems a tad too easy on medium, bit of a stampede into first corner and retain position to end.
MP well I already knew that was a mess in terms of the preferences I was looking for.
Overall well worth £15 but certainly not more than £20 in my opinion.

Last edited:
Cheers for this, I purchased it and very happy with it for the price.

I'm a big fan of FH4 but must admit sometimes if I've only got 20-30 minutes it is a bit of a grind having to drive to the next race. With Dirt 5 I like just being able to load it up, do a couple of races and then turn it off. Graphics are a tad disappointing on some stages but all of that is made up for with the ice drifting!

I've had the opportunity to have a few races now, and in my opinion even for £15 it's border line value for money for me at least since MP is non existent. The handling just feels too light for my liking, too simplistic I guess, I love the arcade handling of Wreckfest but this by comparison just seems wishy washy.

Tried MP with a couple of friends yesterday, real mess in terms of no basic lobby options at all and on top of that being kicked after every game. Vehicle balancing seemed a real issue, if like us you haven't purchased new vehicles, the given box standard one stood little to no chance against others who'd splashed their cash on something a little better.
Handling model is really annoying too, can't spin any one out which seems crazy.
Just trying to get my £15 worth :)

8gb update available - new content being added plus graphical fixes for the issues DF reported on...

Had a few races...handling feels a bit different, not as twitchy as I remembered it. Feels a bit better

I’ve had some good races in multiplayer. I’ve never had any connection issues or been booted out of races it works fine for me.It does need more content for multiplayer like being able to stay in a lobby with the same people and pick different races.It’s very basic at the moment but they’ve said they will add to it.Trouble is by the time they do then people will have moved onto another game.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom