Dirt 5

staffy 2

What does everyone think to the input settings.I’d sooner they didn’t add too many things to change with handling and be nice if there were numbers instead of the slider bars,I’ve left them on default.Same with the rumble there’s too many things to adjust now.Took me a good hour to get use to the handling again.
It does run better now and there’s more detail,Deep down there’s a good game and it does look nice,I think Dirt 6 will be a good game exclusively for Series X and PS5.

Pillow Lover

Distinguished Member
I think Dirt 6 will be a good game exclusively for Series X and PS5.

It‘d be nice if Dirt evolved into a full-blown Motorstorm next-gen equivalent for Dirt 6.

staffy 2

Yes that would be awesome.
I do enjoy Dirt 5.I love time trials in arcade mode.Once they implement classes in multiplayer and proper lobbies then that will be good.I’ve read they are working on it.
Certainly better since the update,Theres some lovely reflections and more people in the crowds.The game just looks more polished.Also the pop in is much better.It’s good they care to put the work in to make it better.
Imagine Forza Horizon 5 or Forza made for the Series X I can’t wait.

kingofpies

Had my first prolonged stint on this since the recent update. It seems to be much better and we haven't had any splitscreen crashes. Couple of things I'm not sure about is whether they've nerfed the ai and/or changed the handling. I seem to be much more competitive now.

Also, I know there are some knocking the graphics, but they seem to be better too. Some of the weather effects are great.

Still not a 10/10 game but seems a lot more sold now.

staffy 2

Yes it’s def improved all round.They have changed the handling a little.It’s not so twitchy now but I enjoyed the handling before and after,It’s a bit easier to control your car,Took me a good hour to get use to it.Just needs better lobbies online so you can stay with the same group of people.Had some great races online with clean players who respect each other.

the boots man

Its playing so much better after the latest update. Out of the few games that launched or have had a series x patch this one has impressed me the most graphics wise. Some of the weather effects are outstanding.

sofasurfer

I may be missing something really obvious but on my SX the Prioritise option is not selectable. I have the disc version and it has the SX logo on the Dirt icon in my games but no joy. I've checked on my LG CX whilst playing the game and it states it's running at 120HZ but I cannot change it down.

Dazza Cole

Decided to boot this up for acquiring blast last night, and agree that it handles and feels a lot less floaty after the update. But was doing one race on mud and the graphics were almost PS2 level...the ground was one big brown pixelated mess. Switching to the graphics modes didn’t make much difference either. After how stunning some of the wintery events look, this was really jarring!

staffy 2

Yes some tracks look stunning at times but others look a bit basic.I still really enjoy it though and it does have some good graphics and effects and lighting.Agree though that some tracks are a bit meh.Rushed for launch window probably.A couple more months polishing would have helped.I still give it a solid 8 out of 10.

simonblue

Distinguished Member
I started playing my copy last night, looks great,but had one problem after playing a bit,got to the end of an race Arcade Mode,said to press button A to carry on, which had been doing,then after one race,the game just froze,wouldnt advance to next race,had to reboot,to get it going again.

:(

oldman100

I had hoped they'd have sorted out the MP by now, private lobby, AI cars, you know the bare basics but nope.

staffy 2

I’ve done all the races.I’m just going back getting 3 golds on them all.Have it set to very hard.To be honest it could do with an extremely hard setting as very hard is still,too easy.I’ve not had one issue with game.
They are working on the multiplayer and say they are listening to what people want but it will take time.They are also adding more career events which is good.I love the game.I’ve had some fantastic clean racing online in the early hours with some people in the USA.I’m winning about 8 out of 10 races.Even though it’s bare bones online I’m enjoying it.Again ive had no issues racing online.

staffy 2

No new events yet.There’s 60 more career events coming as dlc but I bet we have to pay for them.New tracks aswell but again while some are free I think it wil be in packs we have to pay for.Hope I’m wrong but can’t see it all added for free.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom