Dirt 5

I
it’s really easy to do and worth the £20 saving
I have downloaded the Tunnel Bear app is that all I have to do. Do I need to use it when I buy the game or just when I am downloaded the code. Thanks

You use it when you enter your Microsoft account to enter the code!
I am just about ready to order it. It only says xbox one. Is it not for xbox series x

Beezy

Bought this via the above method yesterday for £18, glad I didn't pay full price as I've played for about 2 hours and finding it quite boring already.

I set the difficulty to hard and it seems to be a mad scramble at the first couple corners to either get in 1st or get blocked and stuck at the back of the pack.

Played a few races online which are disappointing, why can't we just vote for another track once finished instead of going back to the menu and having to find another race.

I loved Dirt 4 and completed everything including getting all achievements which took some time but can't see myself doing the same with this.

Sandman

Distinguished Member
Just used this trick to buy the game for about £15. It’s downloading now. The icon doesn’t have the X/S symbol on it (yet) so I hope I have bought the right version. Am I right I saying there is only one version of this game and it will download the enhanced version during instal?

rowedav

Distinguished Member
You’ll be prompted that there is an upgrade available to download when you go to play it

rowedav

Distinguished Member
Yeah I’ve taken the plunge as well. Around £8 each for me and my game sharing buddy. Been a while since I’ve been to Argentina for games!

rowedav

Distinguished Member
first time I’ve ever purchased a game from a different region

It was the done thing on here a few years ago. Things gradually tightened up a bit and it got a bit harder to do. Looking at my address book on my MS account I've got addresses in Brazil, Argentina, Turkey, Hungary, Singapore etc etc. 😂

Just tried this. That's the kind of game I like. But will wait till the new update arrives. As far too busy playing assassin's creed.

Goooner

Distinguished Member
Didn’t like Dirt 4, but can’t resist a bargain.

Did a quick couple of races, it was ok. Not sure how long I’ll be playing it for, but pretty sure I’ll get my money’s worth at £15.

Does look nice though.

Sandman

Distinguished Member
This is probably a stupid question but when I first loaded the game I had to choose between prioritise image quality or resolution. I have always related a higher resolution to a better image quality so choosing one over the other doesn’t make sense in my head. My tv is only capable of 60mhz but is 4K.
Which one of these should I choose? Is it possible to play this game in 4K at 60fps?
I have a series X btw.

rowedav

Distinguished Member
Yeah, they covered this in the Digital Foundry video...I've watched it twice now and I'm still confused 😆

I think 'Prioritise Resolution' sticks very close to 60fps, with just the odd drop here and there. Image Quality mode has increased detail (I think) but drops from 60fps (to mid-50s) more often.

I think...

rowedav

Distinguished Member
Had a couple of hours on this last night...it's decent I have to say. Probably a good 'pick up and play a few races' when I have 10-15mins spare type of game for me.

Handling is definitely on the arcade side but its ok. Certainly not as nuanced as something like FH series but it's not bad.

Bit disappointed there's no car customisation other than paint and decals etc but never mind.

Graphically, it's far far better than any YouTube video suggests. As DF said, YouTube compression really does a number on this game in those videos.

As for settings, started with Prioritise IQ and found it dropped from 60 a fair bit and was pretty distracting. Tried Prioritise Resolution and found it was much smoother, and couldn't really see too much in terms of graphical sacrifice from IQ mode. Also tried 120hz and found IQ took too much of a hit, and track detail just popped in too much so I'll be sticking with Prioritise Resolution as it holds to 60 far better.

This game is giving me serious rages issues

as any been able to do the “sprint races” as soon as I put my finger on the accelerator the cars goes straight into the wall

rowedav

Distinguished Member
This game is giving me serious rages issues

as any been able to do the “sprint races” as soon as I put my finger on the accelerator the cars goes straight into the wall

I did the first one of those as part of the Ignition part of the career and thought "Nope, won't be doing that event type again!"

Luckily the game seems fairly flexible in that you can pick and choose the events you like (or at least it does in the early part of career)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...

Latest News

What's new on Amazon Prime Video UK for February 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sky announces huge original TV show and movie lineup for 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Cambridge Audio launches DacMagic 200M headphone amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Disney+ UK for February 2021
  • By Andy Bassett