Dirt 5 Review & Comments

dante01

Distinguished Member
In terms of the upgrade, the specifics aren’t clear ahead of the impending launch, although faster loading times and ‘greater graphical fidelity’ are a given. 4K UHD is expected, although maybe not for the Xbox Series S, and it seems as if framerates of 120fps will be a definite option alongside the standard 60fps (rather than just a generic ‘up to’ 120) – with an in-game choice on all versions to prioritise either the resolution or the framerate. There are also upgrades via the PS5 controller, including added haptic feedback and adaptive/resistive triggers.
Isn't this the game that was used to test the new "HDMI version 2.1" AV receivers which then subsequently failed to passthrough the 4K/120 uncompressed video when output from a review model XBox series X?

The threads here may be of some interest to those interested in the higher frame rate 4K games that the Xbox series X should ordinarilly be able to output:

gunner84

Distinguished Member
Story only a 4

Preorder cancelled :laugh:

Seriously though does this game even have a story, it's a racing game, story should be replaced with a racing score, just my personal opinion.

mt1980

If you total the individual scores for the sections it's 49. Divided by sections (7) equals an average of 7. So this game is a 7/10!

iwb100

Distinguished Member
If you total the individual scores for the sections it's 49. Divided by sections (7) equals an average of 7. So this game is a 7/10!
That is if you assume an equal weighting - which of course would be bonkers. Who cares about 'the story' in this game?

AndyThorn

Oh my days this has some majorly frustrating tracks. 'Lions Head' Rally Raid almost had me launching the controller at the screen. As the review states though this doesn't prevent progress and has been an exception rather than the rule so far.

Tim2049

This looks seriously underwhelming. Having recently watched an extended playthrough on YouTube I was pretty amazed that this is being pushed as a gateway into the next generation. It looks entirely current gen. The regressive 'dude!' style presentation compounds that further still...

I'll stick to Wreckfest. Now that's a racing game...

oldman100

Can anyone please confirm if you can have AI cars in private lobby’s to increase the numbers?

oldman100

I'll stick to Wreckfest. Now that's a racing game...
A group of us OAP’s love Wreckfest, great fun, helped by the fact you can add AI cars to fill the grid, that’s important to us. Can this be done in Dirt 5?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom