• Apologies for the inconvenience, but AVForums will be offline from 6am Thursday 21st January 2021 for a few hours while we perform a major update to our core software. See what changes are coming.

Dirt 5 Review & Comments

dante01

Distinguished Member
In terms of the upgrade, the specifics aren’t clear ahead of the impending launch, although faster loading times and ‘greater graphical fidelity’ are a given. 4K UHD is expected, although maybe not for the Xbox Series S, and it seems as if framerates of 120fps will be a definite option alongside the standard 60fps (rather than just a generic ‘up to’ 120) – with an in-game choice on all versions to prioritise either the resolution or the framerate. There are also upgrades via the PS5 controller, including added haptic feedback and adaptive/resistive triggers.
Isn't this the game that was used to test the new "HDMI version 2.1" AV receivers which then subsequently failed to passthrough the 4K/120 uncompressed video when output from a review model XBox series X?

The threads here may be of some interest to those interested in the higher frame rate 4K games that the Xbox series X should ordinarilly be able to output:

gunner84

Distinguished Member
Story only a 4

Preorder cancelled :laugh:

Seriously though does this game even have a story, it's a racing game, story should be replaced with a racing score, just my personal opinion.

mt1980

If you total the individual scores for the sections it's 49. Divided by sections (7) equals an average of 7. So this game is a 7/10!

iwb100

Distinguished Member
If you total the individual scores for the sections it's 49. Divided by sections (7) equals an average of 7. So this game is a 7/10!
That is if you assume an equal weighting - which of course would be bonkers. Who cares about 'the story' in this game?

AndyThorn

Oh my days this has some majorly frustrating tracks. 'Lions Head' Rally Raid almost had me launching the controller at the screen. As the review states though this doesn't prevent progress and has been an exception rather than the rule so far.

Tim2049

This looks seriously underwhelming. Having recently watched an extended playthrough on YouTube I was pretty amazed that this is being pushed as a gateway into the next generation. It looks entirely current gen. The regressive 'dude!' style presentation compounds that further still...

I'll stick to Wreckfest. Now that's a racing game...

oldman100

Can anyone please confirm if you can have AI cars in private lobby’s to increase the numbers?

oldman100

I'll stick to Wreckfest. Now that's a racing game...
A group of us OAP’s love Wreckfest, great fun, helped by the fact you can add AI cars to fill the grid, that’s important to us. Can this be done in Dirt 5?

tony kop77

Surprised it’s quiet in here on this game. I think it’s the most fun driving game I have played for years. It’s just pure speed, fun and arcade racer than a sim. I would say it’s more like motorstorm at times.
There has been a patch recently and graphics look even better while handling has been improved. I’m finding it more fun than horizon 4 although I enjoy that game too I just really love dirt 5 at the moment

XRT

A group of us OAP’s love Wreckfest, great fun, helped by the fact you can add AI cars to fill the grid, that’s important to us. Can this be done in Dirt 5?
Just purchased this, and added you as a friend. Do you still play this? Reckon it would be a blast playing with friends instead of randoms

tony kop77

Could you please tell me - what is the difference between the games: DiRT 5 and DiRT Rally 2.0 ?
Dirt 5 is pure arcade game similar to ps3 game motorstorm it's pure fun and speed.
Dirt 2 is a sim game you race usually agaisnt the clock no other cars, maybe there are races later on in the game but not the start and as I say it's true sim so it's hard.

I have wreckfest too, had it a while on xbox

oldman100

Just purchased this, and added you as a friend. Do you still play this? Reckon it would be a blast playing with friends instead of randoms
I saw your friends request pop up. We do play the game fairly regularly actually, so do feel free to jump into a game when I’m on-line.
Personally I find it a far more polished game compared to Dirt 5.

bobblebob

Does this game get harder as you progress in the career? Playing on Very Hard with low assists and easily winning the first half dozen events

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom