Dirt 5

Ps4 Dirt 5 is currently 39.99 on The Gamescollection so with he free upgrade makes it a worth while purchase

I read a preview likening this to motorstorm which is no bad thing in my book :D

Yeah I get that vibe from watching the videos. Still tied to it’s rally roots so doesn’t quite have the over the top look of MS but moving in the right direction IMHO. This is a definite contender as a launch day title for me.

If GT7 is not at launch or thereabouts I might pick this up.

Interested to know how they’re using the haptics.

A great honest interview

Nothing surprising, just relaxed honest chat, very scalable engine, pushing all hardware be it XsS 1440p 120, PS4 base 30fps, decent pc....
Dropping resolution/crowd numbers/clouds to keep physics untouched so everyone enjoys the same feeling when driving.
Devs love 120fps, said casuals may not notice it but their testers noticed straight away and didn’t want to go back.
While not a comment for this forum, he said the XsS is a great machine..

Last edited:
Nothing surprising, just relaxed honest chat, very scalable engine, pushing all hardware be it XsX 1440p 120, PS4 base 30fps, decent pc....
Dropping resolution/crowd numbers/clouds to keep physics untouched so everyone enjoys the same feeling when driving.
Devs love 120fps, said casuals may not notice it but their testers noticed straight away and didn’t want to go back.
While not a comment for this forum, he said the XsX is a great machine..
Nice one. I'm really going to have to get a tv that allows 120FPS. I know the 120 FPS games may be rare but given the choice i'd be wanting that butter smoothness.

Wish I hadn’t watched that, another game on the list, especially as he sounded out my tv for its 120 FPS goodness

Good news is, you can get the PS4 version for £40, ps5 upgrade is free...

I may do this, depending on whether we get a date for GT7. I only have room in my life for one racing game and this could tide me over until GT comes out.

Is it 100% available at launch?

Career progress won't carry over though from the PS4 to the PS5 version. So you'll be starting again on the PS5 version.

You can upgrade from PS4 digital to PS5 digital or PS4 disc to PS5 digital - but only if you have the disc version of the PS5 console, since the disc is required to trigger the upgrade.

Career progress won't carry over though from the PS4 to the PS5 version. So you'll be starting again on the PS5 version.

You can upgrade from PS4 digital to PS5 digital or PS4 disc to PS5 digital - but only if you have the disc version of the PS5 console, since the disc is required to trigger the upgrade.
Understandable but very faffy.

Interesting, I had planned to purchase the PS4 disc and run on the PS5 (my pro has just been sold), so sounds similar to Spiderman (on the PS5 miles morales ultimate edition), you have the disc, but you will be playing the PS5 digital version of spiderman (which thankfully for spiderman is 20GB less than the PS4 version apparently).

Is it 100% available at launch?

Dev has given the XSX release date of the 10th but has said 'more details to come on the PS5 launch date' which I'm not taking a huge amount of confidence from?

Not being able to transfer save progress between the PS4 and PS5 versions is also annoying.

Dev has given the XSX release date of the 10th but has said 'more details to come on the PS5 launch date' which I'm not taking a huge amount of confidence from?

Not being able to transfer save progress between the PS4 and PS5 versions is also annoying.

Yeah I don’t get what Sony has done here? I mean the game is out just before the console is, yet the new console won’t accept last gen game saves? Not impressed by this.
On topic it so far to me looks a little bland due to only see those stadium events, hopefully the rally stages will be better. I’d expect it to look good.

Sony hasn't done anything here, it's a dev reason ask them why their saves don't cross over.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom