• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Dirt 2, I'm having a strange problem with graphics....

nero0410

Distinguished Member
Just downloaded this (steam sale), this evening and loaded it up.

It loaded up in 800x600, so I set the options to what I had it in the demo pretty much maxxed out @ 1920x1080, and all I got was a black screen, apart from the guy's head that was talking to me I could see that.

So I restarted the game, only to be presented with a windowed box of it running in the middle of my screen.

I then deleted the save and config files and just tried setting it to 1920x1080 on it's own and it did the same thing.

My spec is as follow's:
AMD Phenom II X6 @ 2.8ghz
4gb ddr3 1333mhz ram
gigabyte gtx 460 1gb
win7 x64 home premium

I don't understand why the demo played completely fine with no error, but I'm having so much trouble trying to get it to accept and work on the same settings.
I even posted up some screens of the demo in our thread.

I simply can't jusy play the game at 800x600 with no AA or anything else as I'll send Razor to an early grave when posting screenshots.

Any advice?

thanks

tris

nero0410

Distinguished Member
Have you tried pressing ALT + Enter when it's in windowed mode?

Nope, but I think I now found the problem.

I now have all the settings maxxed out and instead of the multisampleing set to 16xcsaa or 8xcsaa
I have it set to
8xMsaa

So it appears the problem on the full game is when I set it on 16xCsaa (or 8xCsaa) which I didn't have on the demo.

So very strange that it was fine on the demo but not on the full game.

Though I can't see much difference between Csaa and Msaa, apart from the fact that I can't seem to use 16x as there isnt a Msaax16 option, only a Csaa option.

tris

PocketBunny

Prominent Member
I am looking forward to seeing your screenshots of the game. I bought this last night, but didnt complete the download before i had to hit the hay. So some eye candy from it would be nice to get me through the day :D

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom