DirecTV C61K Thoughts?

TheGENERAL412

Novice Member
I have an issue where the 4K resolution setting for Video in the Genie (C61K-700) menu was not even an option. I found out that when going through my receiver (STRDH740) that it wouldn't give me 4K, guessing since the receiver isn't HDCP 2.2 complaint. I removed the Genie and went directly to the TV (85" Class TU8000 Crystal UHD 4K) and all was good, I am then presented with the 4K resolution option on the Genie. I had to then run an optical audio to the receiver from the TV to the receiver as temporary solution, but thinking if I get a receiver that is HDCP 2.2+ then I shouldn't have any issues, right?

I'd then be able to go from the Genie to the receiver input and have a output from the receiver to the TV. I mean there are very few channels in 4K on DirecTV, but I guess my thought process takes me to wanting to get a 4K BluRay Player, which will also want HDCP 2.2+. If I circumvent the receiver and go with optical for audio, for the new BluRay player, then I lose the Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, DTS HD Master, etc - the sound quality I am looking to make use of form the 4K BluRay disks since those sources are not an option over optical, right?

Thanks in advance!

logiciel

You’re welcome here but I think you’ve come to the wrong area of the wrong forum!

HeadBanger

If your amp is not HDCP 2.2 compliant you could try a 2.2 to 1.4 ‘converter’.

Something like this should work and allow 4K via your amp.

HB

Nefario

Pretty sure the C61K-700 will not give you a 4K option without HDCP 2.2; at least mine won't. I am going out of mine to a Yamaha A3070 to a JVC. Works great. Content is limited. It is a bit like the early days of HD on Directv ~2000.

TheGENERAL412

Novice Member
Thanks everyone and I will make sure to try and post to the appropriate thread next time, sorry about that. New guy...

John

Not really a problem. I'm not actually sure where you're question should have gone,
But it's been answered, which is the main thing :D

TheGENERAL412

Novice Member
Not really a problem. I'm not actually sure where you're question should have gone,
But it's been answered, which is the main thing :D
Thanks John. And yes, kind of figured but wanted to make sure I wasn't totally nuts.

Now, to figure out what receiver and 4K BluRay player to pick!:D

John

We defo have sections for them and nothing members like better than telling others how to overspend on their budgets .
Enjoy, hope your pockets are deep :D