Directly above radiator

ldoodle

Distinguished Member
Hi,

I'm in the process of preparing a new setup purchase (screen, amp, speakers etc). Was measuring everything up the other night and the missus said something quite important (which I would have only thought about once the screen was on the wall!!)...

"How bad is it to hang the screen a foot or two directly above a radiator?"

One of my best mates is a plumber so can get the rad moved for nothing, but just curious...

Any suggestions?

Member 6435

Afternoon

If you are running the radiator at high levels it is advisable to add a shelf above the radiator to divert the heat into the room if its a hassle to move it. Its the same principal of mounting a screen over a fireplace where the mantlepiece (if there is one) will again divert the heat away from the rear of the unit.

Regards

Alastair:hiya:

Ewoody

ldoodle

Distinguished Member
Afternoon

If you are running the radiator at high levels it is advisable to add a shelf above the radiator to divert the heat into the room if its a hassle to move it. Its the same principal of mounting a screen over a fireplace where the mantlepiece (if there is one) will again divert the heat away from the rear of the unit.

Regards

Alastair:hiya:
Not all bad news then as I planned on adding a shelf for the Wii's remote sensor bar to sit on as I ain't sticking anything on a £1500 display! :thumbsup:

Thanks/...

bobcar

Novice Member
The other question about mounting it above a radiator is how high will it go and how far are you going to be sitting from it?