Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

DirecTivo hack question

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by ianinnj, Nov 16, 2003.

Tags:
  1. ianinnj

ianinnj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a DirecTV/Tivo which requires a telephone line permanantly connected for it to report back every so often. I wish to disconnect my landline service and go wireless, but then with no phone line, my Tivo will stop working. DirecTV were basically no help. Having to have a telephone line for the exclusive use of the Tivo is simply adding $20 a month to my monthly television bill. Is there any hack I can do to get around this problem?
    Thanks

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,431
    Hi and welcome to the forum!

Standalone TiVo's can be connected to a PC Network via TiVonet cards and then get the EPG updates off the internet. I'm not sure if this can be done with a DirecTV/Tivo.

I would suggest you go over to the TiVo experts on www.tivocommunity.com and do a search of their FAQ's and perhaps post your question there. I'm sure this must have been covered many times by others there.

Good luck,
    Mark.