1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DirectDVD not working

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by RedRose, Feb 17, 2002.

1. RedRose

RedRose
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I downloaded v3.6 Eval of this S/W. It loads and doesn't crash, but it just plain won;t play a DVD. I know it looks at the correct dirve bay 'cos the access light flickers breifly when I click "play", but nothing else, nada, rien. It will neither bring up the Region Info menu. I have WinDVD and this works fine. Any ideas, or should I just bin the bugger?

Also, just curious, but why do so many people list two or three SW DVD players e.g. TheaterTek, WinDVD, PowerDVD etc. Do they they each have unique strengths? I thought the "one to have" was the TheaterTek.

Cheers.

2. ROne

ROne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Direct DVD is a con, on the website it is presented as a dvd player with top movie quality, however its a player but needs filters from 'true' players like PowerDVD or Cineplayer to work.

I fell for this myself and thought the quality was good until I realised I was watching cineplayers filters.

I took cineplayer off and direct dvd would no longer work.