• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Direct Uploads to YouTube Rolling Out Tomorrow

New Start Neil

Distinguished Member
GoPro Launching on Xbox 360; Big YouTube Update on Xbox One Tomorrow
Game DVR and Upload are among the most popular apps on Xbox One, and a new feature is about to make sharing your game clips even better. Starting tomorrow we’re rolling out an update to the YouTube app on Xbox One allowing you to share this video directly to your YouTube channel.

yt_xbox_upload.png

Here’s how it works: use Game DVR to capture your favorite gaming moments (“Xbox, Record That”), edit them in Upload Studio, then head over to the updated the YouTube app, and look for My Uploads. The updated YouTube experience also allows you to watch YouTube videos in Snap Mode, and more (find all the details on Xbox Wire).

More great video is heading to Xbox 360 tomorrow as well, as the GoPro app will become available for Xbox Live Gold subscribers With GoPro on Xbox 360, you can check out follow adventurers from around the world, or if you’re feeling adventurous yourself, even purchase GoPro cameras and accessories directly through the app.

xboxapp_channelhomescreen.jpg

To kick off the launch, GoPro is offering two exclusive videos that the Xbox community will get one week before they’re available elsewhere. Find more details on the app, and a preview of those videos, click on over on Xbox Wire.

Xbox Live's Major Nelson » GoPro Launching on Xbox 360; Big YouTube Update on Xbox One Tomorrow :

amardilo

Distinguished Member
All good news.

Also some nice features added to the YouTube app. I like the idea about adding channels to the One Guide. If I can add my channel subscriptions to the One Guide then that would be great to just have instant access to the videos I want to watch.

Det

Distinguished Member
This is great. Shame it will dilute the youtube gaming community.

Munkey Boy

Distinguished Member
Yeah, it lowers the bar to entry, but it allows people to save and share their experiences rather than just the ones who have spent on their equipment. That was always an artificial barrier and just because you can afford a Elgato or whatever (or more recently just press upload from OneDrive), doesn't necessarily mean your content is good. Admittedly, it means you have to go to more effort, but the two don't necessarily sit hand in hand.

I like the fact they make it easy for me to share a moment with my mates down the pub, which I'm sure isn't what you were arguing against, but the pros outweigh the cons.

Waynej

Distinguished Member
Nice feature, though the only thing irritating me about Xbox One's uploads is that they don't run in the background like PS4.

Maybe they've sorted that for the Youtube app, but regardless I'd like to be at a point where we can queue some uploads and go back to our gaming instead of staring at a progress bar.

I can understand why it's the way it is on X1, to keep the insta-switching seamless, but maybe while an upload is in progress they could instead notify the user that switching or snapping a different app will abort uploading.

turk3y

Prominent Member

You mean the last stragglers who will be gone in 6 months due to youtube ever increasing draconian content I'd system?

Youtube seems to have made its position very clear on game video channels, "get lost" I think is the polite translation.

Det

Distinguished Member
You mean the last stragglers who will be gone in 6 months due to youtube ever increasing draconian content I'd system?

Youtube seems to have made its position very clear on game video channels, "get lost" I think is the polite translation.
I thought the political fallout of them blocking so much content forced their hand and it's all A-ok now?

If not, I can see another youtube-esque app joining the battle with its sole focus being on games.

King Tones

Distinguished Member
This will be a great addition.
The X1 really is coming along now, great games and apps and TV support.
Plex coming soon also. More games coming.
Starting to be a great console

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom